Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

No Control With Passing Gas

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
I have started passing gas in the last 6 months and I have no control over it...I was always taught to hold it and leave the room or go to the bathroom, which I always did, until now...I am 76 years old and I believe maybe it is due to my age? It hampers me going places as it always happens when I get up from sitting or laying down, getting out of the car or when I cough or sneeze. It is embarrassing and I want to stop it but cannot..I have tried changing my diet after checking on the internet to see what caused gas..I do not eat much meat, mostly vegetables and some fruit. I drink water and milk with cereal. Stopped taking my antacid when I saw they cause gas. I do not remember ever having this much gas. If this continues pretty soon I won't go out at all. I wonder if the pills for gas would help and are they bad for you? Mostly I am around the house and since my husband has always done it, I just make do around him, I can't help it..but when I go visiting not sure what if anything I can
do about it...what about gas-x, etc?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 15th, 2010
I am having the same problem. I am a 15 year old male and its embarrassing having gas non stop at school. I have tried gas-x and it doesn't help me at all. It may work for you. I am going to a doctor today to check everything out and if i find out any new medicine kind of things ill let you know.
|
Did you find this post helpful?