Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Clotting In My First Period After Medicated Abortion... Help (Page 1)

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
I have a medicated abortion almost two months ago. At my follow up appointment, she saw something in there and said she thought maybe i was going to start my period soon. She said if i didnt get my period within a month, we should be worried. And my pregnancy test came out negative. Well, about 3 weeks after the appointment, a week ago, i got my period. At first it was just really heavy, but then it lightend up. i was using tampons. a couple of days ago, i passed a really big blood clot. It even pushed my tampon out. I passed about one or two more small ones after that. I realized that maybe the tampons where making it worse so im using pads now. I didnt bleed all day yesterday, untill last night when i passed a couple more clots. not very big. Today i have just been lightly spotting, it looks like the end of my period. I was just wondering if the clotting was normal.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper j.o.s.e
|

replied April 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I think clotting is normal, but carifairy can tell you more.
|

replied April 27th, 2007
Experienced User
I know when i had my first period i passed a lot of clots, large and small. I am sure you are fine.
|

replied April 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
After a medical abortion, clotting is especially common in the first period afterwards.
|

replied April 27th, 2007
Experience
what was your experience like with the medical abortion? how large were your clots? i heard they could be the size of a lemon... how far along where you???
I'm 6 weeks and concidering medical abortion on monday... please help
|

replied April 27th, 2007
Experience
what was your experience like with the medical abortion? how large were your clots? i heard they could be the size of a lemon... how far along where you???
|

replied April 29th, 2007
Re: Experience
JustJen wrote:

I had a bad expirience because im so small. My uterus is the size of a small lime. I bleed so much when took the pills that my docter had to give me more medication to tighten the blood vessels, which led to horrible cramping in my thighs. I had to keep going back to the clinic every week for more follow ups. My nurse said because of my own health issues, i shouldnt do it again, and i shouldnt have done it in the first place. However, i dont regret it.
|

replied April 29th, 2007
How long will i bleed for? I thought i was done but all of a sudden yesterday i had a gush of blood and a couple of more clots....
|

replied July 10th, 2008
my period
I had a abortion at the end of may. I just my period on July 4th. I usually have my period for 4 days but im on my 7th day already...i been clotting more than usually. I hope its normal.
|
Users who thank j.o.s.e for this post: Kween07 

replied August 12th, 2008
Bad cramps after abortion
I have a question guys. I had my abortion via Mentstrual Regulation (aka Aspriration Procedure) July 7th. I have my period now. I'm bleeding regularly but it seems like my cramps are twice as bad. I take 800 mg motrin usually for every period for the first 3 days (that's normally when I cramp worse). I usually only take maybe 3-4 per day. It seems like day 1 and 2 (it's day 3 now) I took twice the amount. I don't want to overdose but the motrin is only lessening the cramps as opposed to stopping the pain altogether. Has anyone else experienced stronger cramps after having an abortion during the 1st period?
|

replied February 1st, 2009
My experience of an abortion was hugley emotional but i know it was the right thing to do. The procedure itself i was under general anesthetic and so didnot feel a thing but afterwards i am feeling a fair amount of pain. the bleeding is very heavy and i have passed sum really large blood clots, i have been told by the clinic this is normal and the amount of bleeding and clots just varys between individuals.
|

replied August 4th, 2009
R.e papawsheshaw's bigotted comment
Far better to bring a child into the world that you cant afford to feed or look after right? papawsheshaw?

C'mon dont be such a bigot people have their own very personal reasons around termination who are you to judge?!

papawsheshaw
replied on May 26th, 2009
New User how could you kill your baby?
how could harm that innocent life inside of you!! may be you should of thought of the consquences of having sex and those babies wouldnt of had to pay for your mistakes!!
|

replied August 9th, 2009
Abortion
To Papawsheshaw who r u to critisize peoples decisions its hard enough for the individual to to come to there descion without people like u. U cannot judge anyone..
|

replied August 9th, 2009
to Papwsheshaw, obviously you are a virtuos perfect human being who has never made a mistake in your life, let the rest of us know what its like to have your head shoved so far up your own bigotted ass that you cant see daylight let alone commonsense.
|

replied August 27th, 2009
i had a medical abortion 3 months ago and have avoided the follow up which is my own fault but am bleeding and clotting aswell does anyone hav this problem
|

replied August 27th, 2009
1st period after medical abortion
I had a medical abortion 1 month ago and I am now on my first period since. My question is... Am I suppose to be bleeding through tampons, underwear and pants when I just put it in 2 hours ago? How much bleeding is too much? I have moderate cramping and the clots continue to come and go for 4 days now, What is going on? I bleed really heavy for about 5-6 hours, then it willl stop all night then start all over again the next day for 4 days.
|

replied March 28th, 2010
I had an abortion 2 weeks ago tomorrow, was truly horrible and upsetting but it was the best thing for my situation. Since the termination I found out some tissue had been left and caused an infection in my womb which triggered a fever - I have finished my course of antibiotics but am still bleeding really heavily. This did calm down but since finishing the pills its becoming heavier every day. The past 2 days I have had 3 occurrences of blood randomly gushing out of me with huge huge clots following - one even happened when I was in the bath. Is this normal orrr?
|

replied April 1st, 2010
I had a termination just over 5 weeks ago, i bled for the first 3 weeks, then i had a weeks grace, then i started to bleed again, i assumed this was my period, i was only losing a tiny amount for the first 2 days then on the 3rd day i started to gush, and its been like that for 8 days now, and its showing no sign on slowing down, also ive been losing small clots; no bigger than my fingernail, but im worried that ive been bleeding so heavily for so long, is this normal ?
|
Users who thank iwasborntorageagainsthem for this post: bh323 

replied April 8th, 2010
post abortion period
i had a medical abortion on 15th feb this year and it was, without a doubt, the worst day of my life. after 9 hours of being at the hospital i was allowed to leave and bled for around 10 days, with about 10 days of a brown, but sometimes pink discharge. it was only painful for the first few days and at this time i passed no clots. however, i have recently starting bleeding again (assuming it is my period) although it was much thinner but heavier to start with. i am usually only on my period for around 5 days, but have now been bleeding for 7 days, somedays it being heavy, others hardly any at all. i have also been passing clots, some as small as my finger nail, others have been around 2cm wide.

is this normal and how long does a period usually last after abortion? please help!
|

replied April 8th, 2010
post abortion period
i had a medical abortion on 15th feb this year and it was, without a doubt, the worst day of my life. after 9 hours of being at the hospital i was allowed to leave and bled for around 10 days, with about 10 days of a brown, but sometimes pink discharge. it was only painful for the first few days and at this time i passed no clots. however, i have recently starting bleeding again (assuming it is my period) although it was much thinner but heavier to start with. i am usually only on my period for around 5 days, but have now been bleeding for 7 days, somedays it being heavy, others hardly any at all. i have also been passing clots, some as small as my finger nail, others have been around 2cm wide.

is this normal and how long does a period usually last after abortion? please help!
|
12 >>