Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Cutting And Sexual Compulsion

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
i am 23. i cut myself for 5 years now. but i have stopped for almost 1 year and a half. lately i feel the same, old urges again and again. i started cutting all over again.

A year ago a fellow student died of cancer. it was a great shock for me. she was so young. so full of life. since then i feel like crap. day by day i m losing my mind, my willing to live, to study and so on.

ABout 2 months ago i started psychotherapy. It took me a great deal of time to find the right doctor for me. still i dont know if it will help me. i dont feel much difference till now. but i came up with that thought.

for me cutting is strongly related with sexual compulsion. i ve never had sex till now. it is quiet embarrasing. it feels like a "disease". "i m not attractive". "i m not pretty". These thoughts are haunting me... i kinda hat emy body. and by cutting or burning it i feel relieved.

anyone with the same thoughts??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2007
Freud was a silly old man, but he's so often right, you know.

Death is often associated with sex. Can it be that the death of a fellow student led you to think about - what if you died tomorrow and you never had any sex?

On the other hand, is your family history and herritage in any way restrictive about sex? Or do you have too much pride?

Sex is a natural urge, you know. Everybody has it. You may fight it as much as you wish, but we're, in essence, animals and we all have our urges, like it or not... Your desire to hurt yourself, and your hatred of yourself, are likely related to you trying to punish yourself for having sexual urges.

You certainly do need professional help, and you need someone who is considerably outside your comfort zone if you really want to get it. I would say that anyone who showers his/her patients with long-term drug treatments is not really into helping the patient, but it does work for some people.

On the other hand, physical excercise - like sports - can do wonders to a mind. You should give it a try.
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2007
Experienced User
yes exercise is amazing for this
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2007
Supporter
Re: Cutting And Sexual Compulsion
vassiliki wrote:

for me cutting is strongly related with sexual compulsion. i ve never had sex till now. it is quiet embarrasing. it feels like a "disease". "i m not attractive". "i m not pretty". These thoughts are haunting me... i kinda hat emy body. and by cutting or burning it i feel relieved.

anyone with the same thoughts??

I am exactly the same way! Embarassed I feel for you!

Good luck! Smile
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2007
Experienced User
ive felt this way all of my life.

apparently the only help i have is seroquel.

its supposed to even out my sexual urges, manic moods and depression.
|

replied October 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Give This Some Time
It's only been two month since you started theropy. If you are willing to get better then you are on the right road. Theropy only gives you some input and ways to deal and surpress these moods. YOU have to put them into action and make them work.

I wish you the best and keep is up-dated,
Carrie
|

replied November 1st, 2007
I'm Kind of Opposite
I hate myself because I feel like nobody cares or understands me. just recently I stopped having sex because I feel that is the only reason that anyone ever talked to me or pursued me, and I started cutting after I realized that I was right.
|