Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Can Smoking Dicrease Penis Size?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
we my question is if anybody ever heard or read anythign about how smokign cigarettes effects penis growth, and if it is possible to maybe add at least a little bit of lenght or girht to your penis if you stop smoking. me personally ive smoked sinc ei was like 9 or 10 im almost 21 now. on avarage i smoke over a pack a day, plus i also smoke weed everyday, 2 or 3 times a day at least. so i was just wondering could this have caused my penis to not really grow to its proper size, im only 5 inches, and if i quit, will this help me in any way. i know about all the other problems that smoking causes, but that still doesent motivate me to stop, i just keep buying pack after pack. i also heard that when you quit smoking, you gain weight, im chubby already and dont want anymore fat on me, do you guys this that its wise to quit smoking and start cardio liek lets say 5 times a week?, that should probably help me loose wieght right? and one last question, i heard somewhere that by loosing weight you can increase the size of your penis, is that true? really hoping for a lot fo responses my few previous posts almost didint get any, its like people are ignoring me or something.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Can Smoking Dicrease Penis Size?
greddy wrote:
we my question is if anybody ever heard or read anythign about how smokign cigarettes effects penis growth, and if it is possible to maybe add at least a little bit of lenght or girht to your penis if you stop smoking. me personally ive smoked sinc ei was like 9 or 10 im almost 21 now. on avarage i smoke over a pack a day, plus i also smoke weed everyday, 2 or 3 times a day at least. so i was just wondering could this have caused my penis to not really grow to its proper size, im only 5 inches, and if i quit, will this help me in any way.

Nicotine is known to cause all kind of adverse effects. One of these is fetal deformity and slow development combined with premature birth.

Because you begand smoking before you even hit pubety (dear god!!) I can definately agree that smoking may have affected your development. Will stopping smoking make your penis grow a little more? I don't know. YOu are done with puberty at your age. If you'd stopped when you were a teen, you may have seen more growth.

Quote:
i know about all the other problems that smoking causes, but that still doesent motivate me to stop, i just keep buying pack after pack. i also heard that when you quit smoking, you gain weight, im chubby already and dont want anymore fat on me, do you guys this that its wise to quit smoking and start cardio liek lets say 5 times a week?, that should probably help me loose wieght right?

Yes, that is a very good idea. Nicotine makes people have less of an appetite so many people gain weight while quitting because suddenly they have an appetite again. You will also notice that food suddenly tastes a lot better. That's because tar build up in your mouth will go away.

You need to strengthen your abused cardiovascular system. Howerver, before starting any exersize routine you should go to a doctor first. I'm not telling you to do that just so he or she can yell at you for smoking Wink

Quote:
and one last question, i heard somewhere that by loosing weight you can increase the size of your penis, is that true? really hoping for a lot fo responses my few previous posts almost didint get any, its like people are ignoring me or something.

Loosing weight is not going to increase penis size. It's going to decrease the size of your body, and so proportionally your penis might look larger, but it's not.
|

replied April 24th, 2007
Thats absurd. Smoking has nothing to do with penis size or development. If you had never smoked a day in your life, your penis would still be the same size it is now. I understand your pain. I hope you can find peace with this problem that consumes your life.
|

replied April 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
jackcc wrote:
Thats absurd. Smoking has nothing to do with penis size or development. If you had never smoked a day in your life, your penis would still be the same size it is now. I understand your pain. I hope you can find peace with this problem that consumes your life.

You clearly don't understand the debilitating effects of nicotine.

Nicotine causes severe harm to fetuses; you cannot say that it has nothing to do with development.

Perhaps I am wrong in thinking that putting a severely harmful poison through a prepubescent boy's body wouldn't cause any harm.
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2007
Experienced User
Eiri wrote:
jackcc wrote:

You clearly don't understand the debilitating effects of nicotine.

Nicotine causes severe harm to fetuses; you cannot say that it has nothing to do with development.

Perhaps I am wrong in thinking that putting a severely harmful poison through a prepubescent boy's body wouldn't cause any harm.

I agree. clearly, nicotine alone has a pretty large affect on one's body while going through puberty. I wouldn't go into far detail with the rest of stuff in a cigarette, tar, and such. Rolling Eyes
|

replied April 24th, 2007
Experienced User
Ahhh, you've added another piece to the puzzle. You've started several threads on this topic, but I don't recall if you ever mentioned you were overweight.

Losing weight, depending on how much you have, will increase the length of how much of your penis is exposed. It won't increase actual penis size, just how much is seen. Severely overweight men may actually have their entire penis hidden. The pad of fat in your pubic area would determine how much of your penis is hidden and an approximation of what you could gain from losing weight. What's even better though, is you'd be gaining health.

So, if you're 5" now (which is average and sufficient for it's purposes) you could gain a little. Don't get too exited though. I don't know how overweight you are and there will always be some fat in the pubic area.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying your other threads haven't gotten responses though. You've started several threads, and gotten several answers. We're not miracle workers and we cannot give you a bigger penis. Have you tried any enlargement methods? I'd warn to look at the dangers first, but many men have supposedly increased their size, evidenced by participation in enlargement forums.

Also, with the number of threads you've started and some of the things you've said it sounds like your problem is your self confidence. If you can't increase your penis size, than maybe you'll need to change what you're trying to fix. I know I wrote a very large response to your last thread. What did you think about the things mentioned? (I understand this is a different thread with different questions, so to keep it on topic you can answer in the other thread if you want.)
|

replied September 20th, 2011
Smoking does affect size, because smoking Constricts the blood vessels, so less blood flow to the Penis. I know this personally, since i smoked for over 16 years and noticed my penis girth was not as it used to be and it also decreases libido. I stopped smoking and in about 3 months i saw the difference in my penis. it was Girthier and there was more blood flow so increased erection size and time. STOP smoking to have Better SEX!!
|

replied January 19th, 2012
Whether or not it increases the size is unclear to me, but what I've noticed since I've cut down to ~2 cigarettes per day is that my erections are now MASSIVE in comparison to what they used to be when I smoked much more. The shaft is super-veiny and the dome is so filled with blood and its skin is so taut that it shines like a lubed-up balloon. I'm on my way to quitting completely and can't wait to show girls my new trick; I have a small paper shirt that I put on my penis when it's soft and when I get hard it'll rip off, like the Hulk. I'm also reading up on healthy diet and exercise and it's helping me cope with quitting. Tip: if you feel the urge to smoke, chew some gum instead; your breath will be fresh and your teeth will get whiter. Also, if one of your close friends smokes too then you should quit together, it's far easier. And hey, a 5" inch penis isn't bad at all, you only need like 2" inches to get yourself to cum. Besides, it's guys that are obsessed over penis size, girls are too busy thinking about their own insecurities to be troubled by a 5-incher. If all fails, move to Japan. I hope that this post is helpful to you, even though it has reached you almost five years after your query.
|

replied June 17th, 2012
desidon, im thinking of quitting too. there has been research that quitting smoking increases girth, but i wanted to hear from someone with personaly experience. so this is true, it has happened to you?
|

replied April 3rd, 2013
My penis recently, and suddenly, increased 10-15%. This growth happened in the last week. There are only two things that have changed in that time. Two weeks ago I (1) quit smoking tobacco and (2) now use an electric cigarette. I don't think it's the electric cigarette because I always got nicotine in my system from smoking tobacco. However, maybe the levels I'm getting are now more. Still, that doesn't seem logical as the reason. I'm thinking increased blood flow from quitting smoking is responsible for the change. I really can't think of any other reason.

I'd really like to hear if anyone else has had the same experience.
|

replied April 5th, 2013
YES,
Smoking Reduces Penis Size

The after-sex cigarette may be a thing of the past if the results of a study undertaken at Boston University are proven. Dr Pedram Salimpour suggests that smoking may lead to a decrease in penis size.
|