Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

B/f Doesn't Wipe After Urination.

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
My boyfriend doesn't shake or wipe up and after a long day, his unit smells like a urinal. It turns me off like crazy..How do you say to someone they need to do something about it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 19th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I don't understand how shaking would get rid of that smell anyways.. And as for wiping, I didn't think that guys did that (bad for mr. Little?) but what do I know, im not a guy.. But if this were me, and my boyfriend smelled really bad I would think that there may be something wrong.. Some sort of infection or something, maybe look it up and see if theres something that matches what your going through. And if not... Does he know that it turns you off? If he does, tell him to shower, if he doesn't.. Don't be so subtle about it, take a shower with him, so he won't think that theres anything wrong.
|

replied February 19th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
If he doesn't even shake then you could get bacteria from him into you and get an infection. Just tell him, maybe not that he smells, but that he needs to shake the urine off of himself after he goes, so that you do not get infections from it. And if he smells that bad, tell him. I would.
|

replied February 20th, 2004
Experienced User
No..Its defianately urin smell...And I do his laundry..I can see he doesnt wipe or anything...There is nothing wrong with wiping. If a man urinates, there would be some extra drippage..And if you dont do anything, the bactieria builds on your penis and causes a stink.
I never had this issue before...Never...Last two guys I was with wipped...They would take toilett paper and wrap it around the top and shake a little to get the drops out...Its absaloutely a good clean thing.
If he's showered and in the few hours he's fine..Its after a day at work that is not fresh!
|

Sweetie
After a long day anybodys genitals are bound to stink, my fiancé has this permanent odor to his as soon as he gets out of the shower the smell is already there. Confused Like I was saying after a long day of work any genital would smell. Consider what yours might smell like after a long day if you could bend down far enough to smell it. The best way to tell him is to

1. Straight out tell him, "baby what is that smell? It kind of smells like piss, baby did you wipe your peepee (kind of giggling)?
2. If your kinky: baby can you show me or can I help you with that while he is peeing then ask why don’t you wipe afterwards?
Maybe if it is as bad as you say do you see wet spots on his clothing, point that out to him
3. Or get him in the ritual of taking showers after work and have sex in the shower or right after Wink
4. You could also point out that it is unhealthy for you to have foreign urine (not yours) inside of you so he needs to be careful about his hygiene. Make up the fact that you can get an infection, and maybe then he’ll do something about it Wink

i hope I helped some what. Smile
angela
|

Extremely eHealthy
Great advice! Did you mean "make up the fact that you could get an infection"? Or did you mean "bring up the fact...." just wanted to make sure, because she really could get an infection from that.
|

replied February 21st, 2004
Yes That Is It!
You're right, I did mean to say bring up that fact that she could get an infection.
|

replied December 13th, 2005
I am on my way to becomng a doctor...I have studied anatomy and physiology like the back of my hand. A guy doesn't need to wipe himself before sex, and uring doesn't carry anything harmful that the buffer secreted fr the bulbourethral gland (pre-cum) can't handle. Peace.
|

Is he circumsized?

I've heard a lot of people say that uncircumsized men can have cleanliness issues. Oils and stuff can get trapped in the folds of the foreskin and smells.
|

An uncircumcised guy def needs to clean himself on a reg basis. Thanks for bringing that up landailyn. Otherwise, pee doesn't cause any problems.
|

replied December 16th, 2005
Lol, im sorry but I dont know and have never heard of any guys wiping after peeing. :lol: we arent women. Did you actually ask your last 2 guys if they wiped after peeing or are you assuming. Your guy now is just messy about it, goes days without changing underwear, or is just stinky. Why are you examining his underwear so closely?
|

replied December 17th, 2005
My husband never used to whipe after peeing, until I brought it up. I've never actually seen a guy wipe after peeing, but it seemed like a logical thing to do.
I told him one time while he was going to the bathroom that getting a peice of toilet paper and bottting the tip would be a lot more effective than shaking. He must've thought it was a good idea too, because he's wiped ever since =)
|

replied December 19th, 2005
Experienced User
You can be direct with him or ask him to take a shower with you before sex. If you give him head, I reccommend just saying something.
My boyfriend is usually pretty good but for a day he didn't shower and I told him after going down that I didn't stay down there too long cause of the smell. He wasn't offended at all and agreed that he did smell.
So be honest about it.
|

replied December 23rd, 2005
Urinals don't have toilet paper just hanging out beside them. Don't expect men to wipe after peeing unless you've got them completely whipped.
|

replied December 23rd, 2005
They shud wipe after urinating or at least make sure there is no urine on the penius if they are expecting to have sex. Also guys wudnt you rater smell nice then of ur own wee?! But yea just have a quick word wiv him dnt make a big deal out of it
|

replied October 30th, 2010
I'm an uncircumcised guy and I wipe very thoroughly every time after I pee (I milk my penis to squeeze out every drop and dab it with toilet tissue)
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov