Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Shooting Pain In Finger

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Last night I developed a sharp shooting pain in my middle finger of my left hand. As it travels down towards my hand the pain subsides to a dull ache. It does not reach my wrist or arm.

I took some tylenol for arthritis (sp?) as it was to painful to sleep and eventually I was able to get to sleep. This morning it hurt a bit in the morning, disappeared and then came back this afternoon.

I am 42 yrs old and used to crack my knuckles. I am assuming that this is likely aching joints or arthritis developing and not something serious like a stroke or heart attack as the pain does not go into my arm.

any thoughts?

thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 23rd, 2010
same issue
I'm a 17 year old girl and i'm having the same issue the pain is dull in the palm of my hand but shoots up my ring and baby finger of my left hand... it's horrible
|
Did you find this post helpful?