Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Light Headed After Sex

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hello, my name is Jeremy and im posting for my girlfriend. Shes stubborn and wont see a doctor, but maybe she doesnt even need to.

Well, this has only happend a few times and last night after sex it happend really bad. The second after we had sex she said she felt really dizzy and light headed, she got extremely tired and could barely talk to me. Any other times it happens she just gets light headed for a minute. I texted her today asking how she felt and she said shes still "kind of" dizzy. I dont know what it could be from. She usually goes to bed early and we had sex at 9:30 so i dont know if she was tired and it wore her out or if maybe we were going to fast? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!

-jeremy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Has she had her blood pressure checked?
|

replied April 16th, 2007
yes a about 2 months ago when we thought she might be pregnate (she wasnt) they checked her blood pressure and i believe they said it was really low
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I think I would have her check it again. Low blood pressure can cause her to be light headed. She might need to get her sugar checked too.
|

replied April 16th, 2007
meblonde01 wrote:
I think I would have her check it again. Low blood pressure can cause her to be light headed. She might need to get her sugar checked too.

actually, im sorry. Her blood pressure is fine, her blood suger is really high. Thats what the doctor said a while ago. She doesnt really eat full meals, she will just eat when she is hungry and thats lasts a while so that could be pretty unhealthy. Also, she drinks alot of soda, most of it being diet soda now, but still sugar is sugar. She needs to start eating better and go back to the gym.
|

replied April 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Is she on any medication for her sugar? If not, since her diet doesn't seem to be that healthy, the condition may have worsened. She may be a full blown diabetic now. I would try and get her back to the doctor to be checked for diabetes.
|

replied April 16th, 2007
yeah, she got blood taken when she went just to see if she had diabetes, she was clear of it, but i will make sure that she starts eating right. Today at lunch she siad she kinda felt a little shakey. Thats what she told the doctor aswell. Thank you for all of the help, i will mzake sure she gets back on the right track. Any other help would aslo be appreciated!
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Two Different Issues
The light headedness after sex? I'd say good job! Hyperventilation can cause you to be very light headed. I actually did pass out once during sex, and had one of the greatest orgasms of my life Cool . but the blood sugar thing is very important to address. She should have that taken care of very soon. If the dizziness does not go away, a number of factors could be contributing to this:

Anemia
Malabsorption disorders
Low Blood Pressure
Being underweight and/or eating disorders
Thyroid Problems
Adrenal insufficiency

there are many others.
|

replied April 16th, 2007
she agreed to stop drinking sodas and eating junk food. Its not all her fault, its all her mom buys. I told her to start drinking more water and propels and start drinking juices and vitamin waters. Shes also going to start packing lunches for school.

I just dont know if i should be "scared" or not.

thank you for all your help!
|

replied April 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
jeremy1616 wrote:
she agreed to stop drinking sodas and eating junk food. Its not all her fault, its all her mom buys. I told her to start drinking more water and propels and start drinking juices and vitamin waters. Shes also going to start packing lunches for school.

I just dont know if i should be "scared" or not.

thank you for all your help!

She doesn't have to completely give up soda and junk. She just needs to eat it in moderation. I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) 2 years ago. I really have to watch my sugar intake, and eat a small meal or snack every couple of hours. If she really enjoys her soda, have her switch to diet soda. It takes a while to get used to the taste, but after a few months, diet will taste just like regular. Be careful of the juices too...they contain a lot of natural sugars that can mess with the blood sugar level. If she starts feeling shaky, tell her to eat something that is high in protein (peanuts, peanut butter, cheeses...), that always helps me.
|

replied April 17th, 2007
Thank you, that is good to know becuase there have been a few times where she does feel shaky. Alot of the soda she drinks is diet, i just figured soda is soda
|
Quick Reply