Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Baby Names Forum

Naming After People

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I just wondered what you guys thought about naming babies after someone famous a family memeber etc. For me i personally don't like it when a child is named after a parents i don't know why it just bugs me. i think it can be quite sweet though when a middle name is after a family member hense why my little girls middle name will be my sister's first name.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2007
Community Volunteer
my mom was going to name me after her - until the last minute...
I wish she had because it'd be much better than my given name - which is why I don't use it lol

my middle name .Ellen is after my maternal great grandma.

If I had a baby boy I'd not call him Steve, Roy or Robin (our dad's names), but my brother is named Robert after his dad, but then his dad never went by the name Robert, he got called Spike (or Bob when he gave up building and went to work as a lecturer)

I guess if a family member had a name I wanted then I'd do it, to me names are a very important part of who you are.
|

replied April 17th, 2007
Experienced User
I personally would not name a child after myself or their father as i would like them to have their own identity. Using a second name is very sweet though and it will make the person you name them after very happy Smile

Natalie
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Depends On Yourself
My dad named me after this singer (with the initial H - just because it sounded nice and since all my family member have that initial even my mom!) before knowing the meaning I was ok with it but after I knew what it meant I wanted to change it but till todate I'm still contempleting, it's entirely up to you that's the beauty of being a parent when you have to 'power' to choose a name. Smile
|