Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Orgasm!!!!! During Pap Smear

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
Has anyone ever felt like they were going to have an orgasm during a routine pelvic exam?! I just had the most uncomfortable experience.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hahaha sorry not even close.. I wish though!!
|

replied April 13th, 2007
Experienced User
thanks for seeing the humor in it! i feel like a feak!
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You shouldn't feel like a freak. I agree though that I wish I felt that way. I have to say it has never been anything short of extremely uncomfortable.
|

replied April 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Orgasm!!!!! During Pap Smear
inezrina wrote:
Has anyone ever felt like they were going to have an orgasm during a routine pelvic exam?! I just had the most uncomfortable experience.
did you think you were going to have one or you did have one?
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
No.. Never even came close or thought about it.. Yikes. I think it is the most uncomfortable thing. Have an O during it would be the last thing on my mind. Unless the Doc was cute.. Just kidding. I still would not find it anything but unpleasant.
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
inezrina was your doctor cute?
|

replied April 13th, 2007
Experienced User
So no the docotor was not cute. For one she was a woman and she was not my type at all. I started taking Zoloft 6 months ago and since then I have found it very difficult to orgasm. It has been really frustrating for me because I ahve now been dating my boyfriend for 5 months and I would like to have my old sex drive back but it is gone. Anyway when the docotor was swabbing my cervix it was that uncomfortable crampy feeling and I nearly came. I did one of those involuntary strong kegel exercises and then she stopped. OMG I am still so embarrassed. I have never had an orgasm during sex due to deep penetration i have always needed clitoral stimulation but this was so weird. I am never going to have a pap smear again. i don't even want to tell my boyfriend i think he might get his feelings hurt.
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
This may be a stupid question, are you sure it was an orgasm?

It may have just been a strong muscle contraction.
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
inezrina wrote:
So no the docotor was not cute. For one she was a woman and she was not my type at all. I started taking Zoloft 6 months ago and since then I have found it very difficult to orgasm. It has been really frustrating for me because I ahve now been dating my boyfriend for 5 months and I would like to have my old sex drive back but it is gone. Anyway when the docotor was swabbing my cervix it was that uncomfortable crampy feeling and I nearly came. I did one of those involuntary strong kegel exercises and then she stopped. OMG I am still so embarrassed. I have never had an orgasm during sex due to deep penetration i have always needed clitoral stimulation but this was so weird. I am never going to have a pap smear again. i don't even want to tell my boyfriend i think he might get his feelings hurt.

Look if zoloft takes your sex drive away tell the doctor to switch to you to another antidepressant like remeron (mirtazapine). I know that one increases sex drive because i tried it a couple of times.

Don't worry about the doc. And i know it would be nice not to have pap's but you will have to go through no matter what. Otherwise you won't get another prescription for birth control. I agree with above post, maybe it was just a muscle contraction.
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2007
Experienced User
inezrina wrote:

Well I wouldn't put off pap smears in the future, because you do need them. Chances are, this was just a one time thing. Next time you might be so worried about it, that it won't happen again. lol

I have to admit though that I've felt aroused before during an exam. It happened one time (and again it was a woman doctor, and I'm het). It really surprised me too. It didn't go quite as far as yours did, in that I didn't feel the strong urge to bear down or anything, but it was nerve wrecking as well. And there wasn't even anything unusual about the exam! So I totally understand.
|

replied April 17th, 2007
Experienced User
thanks it is nice to hear that someone understands. i was really freaking out about it at the time but now i feel a little better. hopefully when it is time to go back i won't have that problem
|

replied April 17th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Hahaha XD I am so ticklish during exams, pap smears included haha. Especially when they press on your stomach! It's like "urk!! Gotta pee hahaha!"
|

replied May 24th, 2009
I had the same problem. I Came on my male Dr.'s hand, fortunatly he had gloves. Now i know it is not just me....
Thanks this forum rocks
|

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2009
Experienced User
doctors see all kinds of stuff. don't be weirded out about any of this stuff. it makes perfect sense that when you are touched in an area that can bring you a lot of pleasure, that pleasure is brought about.

like so many others, i never have any kind of positive feelings (much less that of an orgasm) when i am at the gyno...but if i ever did have those kinds of physical feelings, i would not be embarrassed by them because its not something "YOU" are doing. it's just a human body's response to a particular stimulus.

god bless you. maybe you're the lucky one of the group! jasmine
|

replied January 19th, 2011
I am a man!
in my experience
with exams is that
during a prostate exam
they put on gloves
and fill the penis
and testicles for lumps
then they have you bend