Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Tubes Tied And Pregnancy

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Rolling Eyes Hello I am new to this so please bear with me, I have a question, I want to get pregnant and I had my tubes tied 10 years ago and I was wondering if any one knew if it could happen..just by luck.. please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile mc4ever02
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Even having your tubes tied is not 100%. So there is a slim, slim, slim chance. Have you concidered having it reversed?
|

replied April 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
to tell you the truth you are not likely to get pregnant. But after 10 years the tubes can actually repair themselves and grow back together.

I found that the chances of a failed tubal ligation failing are like 1.4%, which in a study of 10,000 people 143 failed.

you can always have it reversed...or have invetro...or what not.
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2007
Supporter
I conceived last year and i had mine done in 02 but I lost him when i was 6 months along. good luck. I too am hoping for another miracle that i get pregnant again. good luck......oh there was another site that i was on last year that had a lady who was able to conceive and give birth to a healthy baby after only 5 years after hers was done.
|

replied April 13th, 2007
Pregnancy And Tied Tubes...
candita sky wrote:
I conceived last year and i had mine done in 02 but I lost him when i was 6 months along. good luck. I too am hoping for another miracle that i get pregnant again. good luck......oh there was another site that i was on last year that had a lady who was able to conceive and give birth to a healthy baby after only 5 years after hers was done.
Thank you I did need to hear that someone else is trying, I don't want to have a reversal because it cost so much, but I am a christian and I believe in the power of prayer so I am praying that God will bless us with another little one...so I will take it that there is hope, I have taken ovualation test and they say that I am ovulating, and have to do this within the next 24-36 hrs. so my husband and i are trying and if doesn't work this month we'll just have to keep praying and trying...again thank you...
|

replied February 18th, 2013
my husband and i also believe in the power of prayer. i pray you and your husband were able to have a baby. i had my tubes tied 14 years ago. and now that i am remarried would love to have a child with my current husband. lately i have been feeling extreme nausea and will be going to my primary tomorrow. i pray i pregnant!!!
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2007
Supporter
you are welcome hun you will be inmy prayers
|

replied February 26th, 2011
i had mine done in 07 and just found out i'm pregnant yesterday it can happen by chance good luck
|

User Profile
replied October 1st, 2012
I want a baby after having my tubes tied!!!!!
I had my tubal November 13 2005 and my tubes were only burnt not cut or tied. I am engaged and me and my fiance really want to have another child, but we can not afford to pay for the reversal all at once... I hope that by some miracle of God it will happen. I am hoping and praying. I hear from doctors that it is basically impossible without the reversal Sad Please help with advice or prayers!
|

replied October 17th, 2012
There's a place in Atlantaju that does it and you stay two nights and I think the cost was like around 7 grand
|

replied April 2nd, 2013
am i with child
I got my tubes cut tied and burned 9 years ago. I've been wanting another child with my finance and praying every night. Right now I have some signs that I'm pregnant but not sure home test are negative plus my last pregnancy was not normal I had my cycle up until I was 8mths with my youngest. I'm scared to go to the doctor my tummy goes from hard to soft and my clothing is too tight. My cycles are real lite one day of medium flow. I'm I with child 9yrs later?
|
Quick Reply