Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

What Does Conception Date Mean ?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My periods are very irregular, I do not remember when my last one was. The doctor told me my conception date was Oct 2,2006. Does that mean the day I got ejaculated in or how many days before that could I have been pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper skullygirl
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2007
Community Volunteer
conception is the day the egg got fertilised.

so technically the sperm could have been delivered on that day or any of the previous 5 days.
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2012
i have a question can u explain wat conception mean im kinda lost
|

replied April 13th, 2007
Can you be ejaculated in and not become pregnant. And a week later the same thing and become pregnant because of the days of ovulation ?
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2007
Community Volunteer
it is possible yes.

but because it is very hard to pinpoint ovulation then any time you have unprotected sex there is always a risk that you may end up pregnant.
|

replied April 13th, 2007
------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------

I have read that before you ovulate you have a thick mucus that comes out. I was having sex when that happened at the time I had no idea what it was. My boyfriend and I use the pull out method which worked for a year because of my crazy periods that skip months or times I would have two in one month. Is this when I could have became pregnant?
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2007
Community Volunteer
you became pregnant on your conception date (give or take a day).
I do not know when you were ovulating.
not all women get egg white cervical mucus.

if you have irregular periods then you have been exceptionally lucky to avoid getting pregnant this long.

any time you have unprotected sex you risk pregnancy - as well as various diseases and infections.
|

replied January 3rd, 2013
should i take the home pregnancy test now
I Hi I would like to k if I should take a pregnancy. Test now I had unprotective sex on 12-27-12 and now its 1-3-13 should I take the home pregnancy. Test now? ?
|

replied March 24th, 2009
i am pregnant an i want to know when i got pregnant it said my most fertile days were 12/28/08 through 1/1/09 and that i concived 12/30/08 so does that mean that i got pregnant on 12/30/08 ? but it said my conception date was 12/14/08 but i didnt have sex on that day 12/15/08 thats when i had my period although i did have sex like the 16th or 17th so when did i get pregnant ?
|

replied January 7th, 2010
what should i do?
i want to have a baby and i'm kinda confused about how everything works ?? i was ovulating last week or a couple of 2 weeks ago and me and my partner had sex like all the time and im suppose to have my period but it so light that its not even coming. so i don't know if i should take a pregnancy test.
|

replied May 14th, 2010
the doctor said my conception date was 12/24.I had sex a week before and a week after this date. Was I pregnant before Christmas or after christmas my due date is 9/16/10
|

replied March 26th, 2013
help
if I had my baby on july 25 2007 when did I find out I was pregnant..help
|

replied June 4th, 2013
clarity someone please
so i had unprotected sex on dec 21st and i was not ejaculated in but i know there is still a risk of pregnancy no matter what but i took nextchoice one dose within the three day period. from the 23 to through the rest of december i had unprotected sex and that person did ejaculate in me. and i ovulated when i was with second person im due sep 17th what are the chances i got pregnant from the first person
|

replied June 8th, 2013
pregnancy date
my waif date last menstruation 18-09-2012 but i sure i contact with my wife 18-10-12 which time started pregnancy
I mean count on sep-18 or oct -18
|

replied June 8th, 2013
Community Volunteer (online)
If you had sex with your wife only once, she got pregnant from that sex on Oct 18. She could have gotten pregnant some time between Oct 18 and Oct 24.
|

replied June 17th, 2013
What is the answer to this question
|

replied June 17th, 2013
If I had sex if a girl on September 18 when did she got pregnant or conception date
|

replied June 17th, 2013
Community Volunteer (online)
Her conception date is anywhere between Sept 18 and Sept 23.
|

replied August 10th, 2013
My last period was June 28, 2013. I conceived on July 14, 2013. How many weeks am I pregnant?
|