Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Cleaning Baby Girl After Poo

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
OK, I have 2 older girls, and never had this problem, or don't remember having this problem with them. My 9 month old was just diagnosed with a UTI, and we started noticing when she goes poo, she gets a lot of it where it shouldn't be. What can we do to prevent this???? I'm not sure if that is how she got the UTI, she will have an ultrasound and xrays in a few weeks to make sure all is working well inside.
I don't want her to have to go through any of this again. Sad

Thnx
Kristi
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2007
Supporter
awe, that sucks.. i dont have any advice, but im sure the docters will be able to give you some sort of advice Confused
|

replied April 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yea, poop could be the culprit!!

Just make sure you open her labia up and clean it out really good!

Sarah
|

replied April 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I know all too well what you're going thru. My daughter also suffered a uti when she was around 9 months. She had to have the x-rays and that one kidney function test. It was terrible. We are pretty sure it was caused from bathing her, and letting her stay in the water too long. But I don't think there is anything you can really do to keep poop out of there. Keep an eye on her, and change her the second you know she pooped. Or, even tho it may be kinda gross, when you notice her going, lay her down on her changing table and take her diaper off (if she will keep going once her diaper is off) That way the poo shouldn't be able to make it up there so easily. Also always, always always wipe front to back (which I'm sure you already know)
Good luck, and I hope her test comes back with good news.
|

replied April 13th, 2007
Thank you!! I never had this problem with my other 2 girls. My 9 mo old does go to daycare, so I'm wondering if they aren't doing something right.
|

replied April 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
That could be, it too. I would definately let them know about her .u.t.i and tell them how important it is to get her very clean, and as soon as they can.
|