Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Help Sex Day After D&c Scared!!!!!!!!!! (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I HAD A D&C ABOUT 2 TO 3 WKS AGO AT 7WKS ME AND MY HUSBAND HAVE BEEN HAVING UPROTECTED SEX SINCE THE DAY AFTER THE D&C Embarassed COULD IT BE POSSIBLE THAT I AM PREGNANT AGAIN? IS IT SAFE? (I HAVE NOT EVEN GOTTEN MY PERIOD YET AND ONLY SPOTTED THE DAY OF D&C)
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Rajah79
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2007
Community Volunteer
again? so was your d&c an abortion?
surely, your doctor told you to avoid intercourse for a couple weeks.
are you not using protection for a reason?
|

replied April 12th, 2007
WELL I HAD AN INCOMPLETE MISCARRIAGE AND I AM TRYING TO GET PREGNANT AGAIN
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I thought doctors normally advise to wait until after your first normal cycle to begin ttc? I could be wrong.

To answer your question...yes. You could be pregnant. Your body is fertile after a miscarriage/abortion.

Feel free to join us in the "getting pregnant" forum. There are many friendly and supportive women there. A few are going through similar situations.

Good luck to you!
|

replied April 12th, 2007
THANK YOU I AM REALLY SCARED I AM STARTING TO HAVE ABDOMINAL PAIN BUT IT DOESNT FEEL LIKE MY PERIOD I HAVE NO DISCHARGE SO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT IS THIS NORMAL?
|

replied April 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i can't believe you had sex the day after the d&c. you could have gotten a nasty infection.
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
I too had sex the next day and was fine, i has a misses misscarriage, the scan at 12 weeks showed my baby died at 10 weeks 6 days, and i want to get pregnant now, even though they said wait one cycle i just want to be pregnant again x
|

replied April 16th, 2007
i know but thank god i didnt
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
A friend of mine got PG after she had a miscarriage and she did not wait until after her first cycle. I think the only reason to do so is for proper dating of pregnancy, but I could be wrong.
|

replied April 16th, 2007
Experienced User
Time to Heal
Hi there,

Really, if you wanted to get pregnant again, I would wait for a normal period until I would try again.
You really need to give your mind and body time to heal.
|

replied April 17th, 2007
i am now trying to give my body time to heal i didnt know that i had to wait my doctor dint even tell me
|

replied April 27th, 2007
Me Too
I had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago and have been having unprotected sex. I still have not started my period. We have just never used protection. I dont know when I am supposed to start my period. To answer one of the girls questions you are told to wait at least one cycle to strengthen the lining of your uterus. Thats about as much as I know. I didnt think it was possible to get pregnant this soon after a miscarriage. i am not saying I am pregnant but we have not been careful.
|

replied June 19th, 2009
i also had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago and had sex with my boyfriend after 2 weeks. and until now, im still waiting for my menstrual cycle pero wala pa rin, it's almost 4weeks na. im starting to get scared baka preggy na naman ako..
|

replied June 19th, 2009
so scared
i also had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago and had sex with my boyfriend after 2 weeks. and until now, im still waiting for my menstrual cycle pero wala pa rin, it's almost 4weeks na. im starting to get scared baka preggy na naman ako.. is it really true na pwede ako mapregnant after a d&c???
|

replied December 7th, 2011
yes it is true!
|

replied December 7th, 2011
yes it is true!
|

replied September 10th, 2009
Pregnancy after a d and c
I was told that you don't start your cycle again until around 4 weeks after the d and c. If you ovulated, it was probably around 2 weeks after the d and c. There is still a chance of pregnancy, but it is probably too early to tell. I think that after 5 weeks I would take a pregnancy test. I would not worry (it doesn't help) I have read many successful stories of healthy pregnancies even directly after a miscarriage or d and c. Hope for the best.
|

replied September 22nd, 2009
could sex1 week after a d&c get you preg.
This is my question, how soon after a d&c could you have a healthy pregnantcy? I had sex 7 days after my d&c protected but sometimes unprotected. If I'm preg i hope i have a healthy one.
|

replied May 30th, 2010
scarred uterus can I get pregnant?
When I was younger I had an D&C and in the process the doctor accidently left some of the placenta in me causing a horrible infection, a few days later and I almost died. I was rushed to the ER and put right into the OR. The doctor that operated on me told me that my uterus is 14% scarred and in the case of a uterus that means it is practically impossible for me to get pregnant(since the uterus is so small). It has been 6 years since then and I would like to know if anyone has any successful stories that can give me some hope of having a child. My husband knows about my past situation because I did not want to marry him without letting him know the possibilty of not having our own kids and was fine with it but now our friends our having kids and he really wants a child. I would like some positive feed back and know more about what happens to anyone that has had this happen to them. Can I have kids or not? Would fertility treatments work? Or am I so scarred that the egg wont grip onto my uterus wall causing the sperm to never find the egg since its not there? This happened 6 years ago so would my uterus heal since the lining sheds every month?
|

replied September 6th, 2012
yes it is possible for u to have kids still. my step sister had 29% scarring and went in for a dr visit and did a routinely preg test and she gto a positive she now hows a wonderful 10 year old son and might i remind u this was concieved 4 months after she had a d/c for bad periods and was told about the scarring
|

replied April 8th, 2011
i did not have any miscariage,i was jus having abnormal bleeding for 6 months and doctor advied me to go for d&c.i had it 2 days ago. if i have sex with my husband now, will i fall pregnant? i want to have a baby.
|

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2011
t gwen 101 yes you will get pregnant because its like you had an abortion so you are fertile if you have unprotected sex and your husband ejaculate in you, you will more than likely fall pregnant.
|

replied December 10th, 2011
i was done d&c on 26th november my 60th day of pregnacny with the report of u/s stating lack of heartbeat.I HAVE LIGHT BLEEDING FROM THEN ONWARDS .after two weaks i had an intercourse and i have bleeding aFTER THAT. is there anything to scar please suggest me
|

replied March 27th, 2012
i got miscarriage last march 4 and I also had a d&C last March 7.
I had intercourse with my husband last 2 days ago.
Will that be ok? or would i be possibly be pregnant.?
I don't have my menstruation until now.
And before I got pregnant I had an irregular menstruation.
|
12 >>
Quick Reply