Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Constant Need to Pee, Burning At the End? Help! (Page 1)

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
User Profile
I recently (like 2 days ago) have had this constant need to pee, even when my bladder is empty. And it only starts to burn as I'm finishing urinating. Please if anyone knows whats going on, cuz theres been a few forums, but mine isnt constant burning, its just at the end of urination. Question Exclamation
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile kdlee
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2007
i dont know if this is any help but i had this problem awhile ago for 2 days... i would want to go pee non stop even when i couldnt and when i did pee it burned when i was finishing..... i thought it was something a drank or ate.... and eventually on the 3rd day it went away.. dont know if that helped

ps: i find if i drink alot of apple juice i get this kind of problem minus the burning at the end of urination but the feeling of wanting to pee alot..

Thanks for replying to my post.

Oh i forgot to add maybe its a bladder infection? I Dont know im not a doctor but could be one >Smile
|
Users who thank Someguy73 for this post: Faither19 

replied November 7th, 2007
I'm having a similar problem sort of - I have the ongoing problem of that I feel as if I have to pee everytime after I finish peeing... but twice in the past 8 months it's been burning only at the end of urination. Did you ever find out what was wrong? I'm seeing so many doctors right now... it's frustrating because all the things that other people describe are happening to them all the time - mine are only after I pee.
|

replied November 12th, 2007
Experienced User
i think you should drink more water , and see your doctor get a urine test or swob test done. to figure out why its burning. so if you need meds your dr. can organise them for you.
|

replied January 26th, 2009
ME too!!!
OMGoodness! I'm so relieved to find out people are having my same problem! If you find out what it is please tell me! I constantly feel like I have to pee, but it doesn't burn at all. Just a constant feeling. I hate it! It stopped after I had the Leap Procedure done, but it only stopped for a couple days. I got tested for UTI's and nothing came up, barley even any bacteria. Have you tried a Urinalysis or anything like that??
|

replied February 23rd, 2009
yeash
yeah the same exact problem i am going through it right now, i need to pee so much but nothing comes out and when i am close to being done peeing, it burns, and idk what to do, i am not going to school today because of it.
|

replied March 9th, 2009
BLADDER
I have been having the same problem for 6 months now i feel like i need to urinate all the time wven when there is no urine in my bladder when i do pee its only 50 ml at a time i go 20times a day i have the sensation all the tome had all the tests done and the doctors say im ok but i no im not can you still have oab or ic even if all the tests are negative please help what can it be
|

replied March 26th, 2009
DIET!
I had this problem and like Critizin stated, alot of people don't realize what you EAT you urinate OUT! I can't eat ORANGES, yes this is a major bladder irriatant. Try drinking 100 PURE cranberry juice, the kind you have to MIX with water, usually bought at a health store. IT SUCKS, and unless you stop eating what it is that is bothering you it won't go away. Anything like apple juice orange juice, citric especially lower the ph levels in your URINE, which allows the orange etc. to irriate your uethrea when voiding. Another thing is chlorine, is a huge vaginal bother, check for unbleached pads tampons, try to avoid tampons and also toilet paper the harder the better, the soft stuff leave flakes around to cause aggravation. Think of it this way, when you put orange juice in a cut, what HAPPENS OUCH! Just a thought, have a test for infection, but usually there is a sign of other symptons, fever, nausea, painful DURING urniation, and blood, however, there is always the non-typical infection.....I don't know, but try it, oh yes and SODA, is a MAJOR bladder no no, can make constant need to urinate and bothersome irritation........let me knowif this worked!
|

replied August 5th, 2011
Problems with burning after urinating
Thank you for this info, I have burning after I urinate, it's been over a yr, now, went to urologist and OB/GYN said I'm lacking estrogen, gave me estrogen cream to put around my uethrea, and it isn't helping, I take cramberry pills everyday, I stay away from OJ and don't use bleach when I wash clother, it's not going away, and just don't know what to do, or go see anymore.I'm 66yrs. old, and it's driving me crazy, burns so much, everyday.
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2009
UTI, diet, sex!
i have had this problem continualy since i started having sex! it is a sort of urinary tract infection that can be caused from things such as....sex, fizzy drinks, coffee, and for girls it can be caused from the type of underwear you wear...oh why i mentioned the sex bit...cause sex 'opens' the way for bad bacteria to get in....so you should always pee or wash afterwards.

my temporary cures for this are the following:
drink lots of water!!!(flush it out)
URAL(available at chemists)
cranberry juice(or tablets)
do something to take your mind off it..like play the Wii.
|

replied May 26th, 2009
Feel like I have to pee all the time
started just a few days ago...had problem with leakage for the last several years, but never felt like I had to go all the time...this is very distressing..doctor put me on something that is a bladder analgesic turns your pee orange, but no antibiotics as I just dropped off a sample..I have no burning or anything else, just the need to go and nothing comes out...I just weaned myself off of celexa and wonder if that has something to do with it..any helpful advice would be appreciated..
|

replied December 19th, 2011
I have the same problem and i just stopped taking celexa too! So maybe it does have something to do with that?
|

replied May 29th, 2009
im here with all of you ive had this problem for about 5 years now!and im only 19 now! =/ it sucks i hate it! i just dont get whyyy it keeps coming backkk!?
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2009
Supporter
I just had bladder surgery this morning because I would leak when coughing, sneezing..Before it got to bad I would leak after peeing and I would burn..The burning turned out to be a Urinary tract infection-treated with antibiotics..Later I had to have the urethra dilated because it was too tight..Today I had a sling placed to hole the bladder up and the urethra--this is usppose tostop the leakage..

*Also, my urologist told me that women especially tend to not open there legs very far when gong to the bathroom and we don't allow our bladder to empty properily by keeping our legs tighter..When men pee the stand with legs wide apart..We women sit with legs closer together..So, you may want to open legs wider to allow the urethra more room..Hope this helps some..
|

replied June 5th, 2009
I had the same problem for a few months, got tested for a uti but was always neg. i went to a urologists and had a bladder biopsy and found out I had interstitial cystitis. its when your bladder wall becomes thickened and inflammed making you feel like its always full. Alot of things in your diet causes this, especially since it has the same symptoms as uti's most women drink cranberry juice which actually makes it worse, along with coffee, acidic drinks/foods, fruits, and spicy foods.
|

replied June 30th, 2009
i have this same exact problem... for some reason it really only happens when im at work (i stand up ALL day) i dont know if its from standing and pushing on my bladder or what. but i constantly feel like i have to urinate but little to nothing comes out and at the end it burns. i have no idea whats wrong but it is horrible. and i cant see the doctor right now cause i lost my insurance today. the closest i can see him is possibly next week.

i dont know what to do!!
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2009
Supporter
I went to my urologist with the same problem. I have IBS which later causes an urgency to urinate. I was also diagnosed with Interstitual Cystitis which is an irritation in the bladder. No UTI and I had no burning. I'm also going through pre-menopause which causes frequent urination. Therefore, it could be a lot of different things so get it checked out by a doctor.
|

replied July 13th, 2009
i feel like i have to pee even after i go
i have the same problem except i dont have burning or leaking. all i have is the urge to go. i had this a couple weeks ago for a while and when i went to the doctor they said it was because of the soap and shaving cream i was using. and they did a urine test and i dont have a UTI. it stopped a week after i stopped using that stuff and now a couple weeks later i feel like i still have to go again.idk what to do the doctors arent any help because they say its not an infection and my sistere had this in 5th grade and it came back again and laasted a couple months. i HATE IT. i dont want it to be like that especially since im in high school. so i gave up on the doctor so basically im on my own since they arent helping
|

replied July 13th, 2009
to babytaytay - well if this was a constant problem I would consider this bladder instability; it could be caused by frequent emptying of your bladder - women in particular will urinate often. basically try holding on to your urine for longer; resist the urge to pee - obviously do pee but dont go immediately. That way the bladder will develop a bigger capacity to hold more urine. if this is a constant problem then get checked for diabetes. Use unperfumed shaving cream as well. alternatively because you might be having cystitis that is asymptomatic -not that uncommon; and can clear up quickly with increased fluid intake

ked
|

replied July 14th, 2009
Even with UTI I feel as if it burns or is irritated after I finish my stream of urine....sometimes it wont show up with a basic urinalysis but a culture which takes a few days is in order. Urinalysis will measure the amount of bacteria, if it is not over a certain number they dont medicate...but...if it is a certain bacteria even at low numbers they may need to...ask your dr.
|

replied July 22nd, 2009
Hi ALIUK74

You told that you are facing the bladder problem from 6 months.you urinate 20 times a day means its horrible and definitely anyone will get frustration.From now onwards there is no more Overactive bladder.I will share my experience regarding this, my sister is also facing the same problem from 1 year.she consulted many doctors but no use.After that she went to bladder training program, there she took 2 months treatment.Now she is very happy.
mindoverbladder.com
|

replied September 24th, 2009
I get those symptoms ALL the time. It's a bladder infection. Drinking pure cranberry juice taking cranberry capsules helps and so does vitamin C supplements. But see your doctor he will give you antibiotics and other pills that will make it go away. But if not healed soon enough it could lead to a kidney infection or worse; it could go to your blood stream and it could be fatal. So please go to your doctor
|
Quick Reply