Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Contracting Hiv

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Hi There,

I just need to know can someone contract HIV through forth play and having sex by just rubbing with clothes on??
i need to know coz afterwards i found semen spots on my pants, can this penetrate to my body?
also i need to know what type of test do i need if it had been 5 years now since i had this experience.

Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It depends on exactly what sort of foreplay was involved. It is possible to get HIV through sexual contact other than just anal or vaginal sex. However, if you are talking about just rubbing with clothes on, semen cannot travel through clothing unless the clothing is soaked with semen. If you want to give us more information, we can give you more. If you did more than just rubbing and kissing with this person, you can always get checked just to be safe. Go to your doctor for your a test. Don't bother with an at home test.
|

replied April 14th, 2007
hi Llewellyn thanks for your support we were just french kissing and he sucked my nipples so hard that it had small cut in it.
and just rubbing afterwards, please tell me if i have a chance in getting the disease or not coz it's not easy getting tested in my country.

Appreciate your quick reply.
|

replied April 14th, 2007
i also wanted to add that my CBC shows relative lymphocytosis since then and i have left shift (bands 7%) could this be a sign that my immune system is working or what ?
i am so scared
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
mgm123456 wrote:
hi Llewellyn thanks for your support we were just french kissing and he sucked my nipples so hard that it had small cut in it.
and just rubbing afterwards, please tell me if i have a chance in getting the disease or not coz it's not easy getting tested in my country.

Appreciate your quick reply.

It sounds like it would be possible, but not at all likely to me.
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
mgm123456 wrote:
i also wanted to add that my CBC shows relative lymphocytosis since then and i have left shift (bands 7%) could this be a sign that my immune system is working or what ?
i am so scared

I have no idea on that one.
|

replied April 18th, 2007
My friend. dont bother, you are safe, Aids cannot happen without sexual contact, even oral sex is a theoratical probability.
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
matureman20012001 wrote:
My friend. dont bother, you are safe, Aids cannot happen without sexual contact, even oral sex is a theoratical probability.

Actually, You certainly can get HIV from oral sex. Please review the article below:

7/4/01 BBC news

HIV is transmitted by oral sex

The risk of contracting HIV from oral sex may be greater than previously thought.
It has long been known that the virus can be transmitted through oral sex - but the risk was thought to be minimal.

However, research in the UK and US among gay men now suggests that oral sex may be responsible for up to 8% of HIV infections.

Instead of a handful of cases a year in the UK of HIV being transmitted through oral sex, we are seeing 30 to 50

Dr Barry Evans
Other sexually transmitted diseases, such as syphilis and gonorrhoea are also spread from person to person by oral sex.

Public health experts fear that the public is unaware of the dangers associated with the practice because it remains largely a taboo subject.

In addition, anecdotal evidence from other countries like the US suggests that people tend to reject messages advising them always to use condoms for oral sex.

In fact, such messages can, in theory at least, put people off condom use altogether.

Greater awareness

A report by the Public Health Laboratory Service (PHLS) report concludes it is important for people to be more aware of the dangers and decide for themselves the level of risk they consider acceptable.

Dr Barry Evans, an PHLS expert on sexual diseases, said: "The picture that is emerging is that the risk is greater than previously thought.

"Instead of a handful of cases a year in the UK of HIV being transmitted through oral sex, we are seeing 30 to 50."

Dr Evans stressed that HIV is mostly spread through anal and vaginal sex.

Recent studies confirm that unprotected anal sex is clearly the highest risk activity, accounting for over 90% of transmission in gay men in the UK.

These adverts provide easy-to-understand information, with contact details for further advice should they want it

Will Nutland
Terrence Higgins Trust
To coincide with the public health report, the HIV charity, the Terrence Higgins Trust has begun a six-week advertising campaign, mainly in the gay press, warning of the health dangers of oral sex.

The charity's Will Nutland said: "We know from talking to gay men about their sex lives that many of them have concerns and questions about oral sex, and these adverts provide easy-to-understand information, with contact details for further advice should they want it."

Research has shown that not ejaculating into the mouth of an uninfected person during oral sex may lessen the risk of HIV transmission.

However, it will not eliminate it totally as pre-ejaculatory fluid is also capable of transmitting the HIV virus.

The only way you can get HIV is through contact with contaminated infectious body substances such as Feces, Cerebro-spinal fluid, Vaginal secretions, semen, human breast milk, and blood. These substances have to come in direct contact with an opening to your body such as a cut, a needle stick, unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse, unprotected oral sex on either a male or female partner, contact with potentially infectious bodily substances inthe eyes, nose or mouth.

It costs very little to obtain a test for HIV/AIDS, and it is a sensible thing to do if you are concerned. In the US there are free testing services, so perhaps it is the same where you live, though I am unsure of this. It is also a compassionate thing to do for any future sexual partners you may have. All of this said, there is truly very little chance that you could have been infected through your pants.
|

replied April 29th, 2009
my foster sister is hiv positive
I was wondering if she had an open sore and she touched someone else with that fluid what is the likely hood she will spread the virus?? There are many of little kids running around I am scared one of them may get it due to the fact that it is hard to teach young children about this....
|

replied May 4th, 2009
To mgm123456:
Hi, mgm - It's good that some folks choose screen names that are consistent with their personalities, eh? SillyAKchick, for one... Anyway, to answer your question, no, a small scrape/laceration of your nipple, with only a relatively small amount of contact with saliva, will not expose you to nearly enough HIV for you to develop the antibodies, much less the actual disease. HIV has been detected in saliva, but not in sufficient quantity to cause HIV infection. SillyAKchick reprinted an article that specifically states which body fluids must come into contact with an open wound, or even a mucous membrane (like the inside of your mouth or nose). Saliva is absolutely not on the list. As for the 7% bandemia, bands usually indicate a bacterial infection; HIV is viral and, unless you have a really elevated white blood cell (WBC) count, bands aren't going to be released into circulation with a viral infection. Get some sleep, mgm, and relax. Just slow down with the big guy, and, unless you're really into risky play or you've seen his last 3 lab reports (that he's HIV negative), push him away, or let him focus on another body part for a while. Good luck.
|

replied May 4th, 2009
To Vanessabran:
The risk is virtually non-existent. The sore would be have to be oozing a fairly good amount of blood or serum, the "clear", sticky part from the wound, and grind it into an open wound on one of the children. It's OK to worry about the kids, but let your foster-sister know you care about her, too, OK? Good luck.
|