Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Herniated Disk

I am a 42 y.O. Physical fit militray man recently diagnosed with a herniated disk. I have been having severe symptoms for the last 3 1/2 wks to include: radiating pain down both legs, trouble walking because of severe pain in the joints, pain associated with sneezing, coughing, blowing my nose, laughing, and numbness/tingling in the buttocks. My doctors have had me to try all non surgial treatments to include a steroid and a anti-imflamatory shot in both arms. My newest symptons are now numbness/tingling leading all the way up to the "penis". I am scheduled for a epidural steriod injection (esi) in 2 long wks from today. My question would be, what other symptoms could I develop waiting 2 more wks to get this esi completed? I do have control of my bladder/bowel but it is now harder to urinate and I do have pain with my "stool". Thanx for any advice.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2010
I have a herniated L5 disc. I have scrotal pain; penis pain and pain at times defecating. There is a burning sensation in the penis. Hopefully this helps other sufferers.
|
Did you find this post helpful?