Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

I Need Rest

I have trouble sleeping at night. Its horrilbe cuz i really need sleep!!! Any advice
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 12th, 2007
Have you tried melatonin. It doesn't work for me, but it works for others I know. If that doesn't work, go to a doctor.
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
One or two hours before going to sleep, have a light dinner. For example: whole cereal bread with turkey ham or turkey steak (preferencially using safflower as a condiment) or turkey meat with safflower rice; and drink hot milk (with chocolate, if you can or want). (:
|

replied April 17th, 2007
Before being able to help yourself you need to pinpoint a little more exactly what your problem really is.

Do you have trouble falling asleep? Staying asleep? Waking up to soon? If so, can you see why? Are you worrying, are you overstressed, etc?

In most cases insomnia is due to bad habits. After checking up with your doctor to dismiss any possible health disorder that would affect negatively your sleep, you'll need to take a hard look at your lifestyle and sleep habits.

What you have to know is: you don't have to resign yourself to poor sleep and sluggishness. And you don't have to take sleeping pills!

Good luck,

Peter
http://www.SleepTracks.com
|