Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Strange Smell

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
There is a strong sulfur like smell that is coming from my penis area. It just started a few days ago. I do know that my girlfriend has this pungent smell down there, too. And now it has attached itself to me. Also, it seems that I constantly drip urine like a faucet. Does anyone know what this is?

Last edited by hyperchondriac on April 11th, 2007 04:19 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2007
hmmm...nope. As long as it's only a smell I would give it some time to see if it goes away on it's own. Maybe it was just something that you ate?
|

replied April 19th, 2007
or an std.. not to say anything about your girlfriend or yours activities .. but if she has it.. and now you do too.. you should definitely get that checked.. it might be that it's nothing but you can never be too safe.. please have your girlfriend go with you and also get checked. it's better to be safe than sorry.
|

replied April 19th, 2007
Oh. I just read that again. I didn't read the dripping part. Yeah. I would go and get that checked out.
|

replied April 20th, 2007
Okay, im not trying to be a smart ass, but didnt you have sex education classes? Sounds like you definitely have an STD. Any time you have an odor that is your first sign. and now your dripping. you need to make a bee line to the doctor or your local hospital
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2007
Community Volunteer
If you're constantly dripping urine that may be a swollen prostate.
|

replied April 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
Are you intact, or are you circumcised? Have you had unprotected sex with your girlfriend?
|

replied April 24th, 2007
Weird Smell
im not circumsised and everytime me and my girlfriend have sex she complains about having a weird smell when i go inside her , she says she knows its not her and i was wondering what could make my sperm smell weird , and if not being circumsised can have something to do with it
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Weird Smell
linemen66 wrote:
im not circumsised and everytime me and my girlfriend have sex she complains about having a weird smell when i go inside her , she says she knows its not her and i was wondering what could make my sperm smell weird , and if not being circumsised can have something to do with it

yeast infection?
also fiber and minerals, certain foods, can affect the smell of urine and sperm. Alike urine, asparagus makes urine smell foul at times. Do you smoke marijuana by any chance? (not asking for personal reasons).
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2007
Supporter
linemen66 wrote:

whether you're circumcised or not has nothing to do with it. old semen just gets to smell pretty icky sometimes. my bf comes inside me and after several hours it'll start to smell a bit. the smell goes by the time it's all worked it's way out, usually takes a whole day. my mates all notice the same thing with their partners.
|

replied April 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Strange Smell
hyperchondriac wrote:
There is a strong sulfur like smell that is coming from my penis area. It just started a few days ago. I do know that my girlfriend has this pungent smell down there, too. And now it has attached itself to me. Also, it seems that I constantly drip urine like a faucet. Does anyone know what this is?

Because this is sudden, strong smelling and you have an associated drip, I would say it sounds like a disease and you need to go to a doctor now.
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Strange Smell
hyperchondriac wrote:
Also, it seems that I constantly drip urine like a faucet. Does anyone know what this is?

now that you add such information, yes you more and likely have a disease. please talk to your doctor.
|

replied April 26th, 2007
Experienced User
fiona05 wrote:
linemen66 wrote:

whether you're circumcised or not has nothing to do with it. old semen just gets to smell pretty icky sometimes. my bf comes inside me and after several hours it'll start to smell a bit. the smell goes by the time it's all worked it's way out, usually takes a whole day. my mates all notice the same thing with their partners.

Intact penis' do tend to have a smell to them.. As they are moist like the inside of the vagina.. it should not be an over powering smell, but there is a distinct smell to them..
|
Quick Reply