Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Nuvaring...pregnant?!?!??!? (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I'm on my 2 nuvaring...This is the first time i've ever used birth control other than condoms. I had unprotected sex on march 22nd while my ring was in. I had already barely been bleeding and I think that was because it was my first cycle with birth control. I took my ring out on the 25th, when I was supposed to. I had my period for 2 days like 3 days later, but it was heavy. I've used condoms and only the pull out method a few times since then, and I am supposed to take my 2nd ring out this sunday. I've had serious heartburn that I has kept me up at night and made my throat burn every time I eat or drink a carbonated beverage for over a week now and today my back hurts and I feel sick to my stomach and dizzy. I took a pregnancy test on the between march 30-31 at 3 in the morning and it was negative. I've been dieting and have lost weight but my breasts have gotten bigger and have been hurting for the past 2 weeks. I think I am being paranoid about the situation, but i'm not sure if anyone has every experienced this and found out to be pregnant. Can you have unprotected sex without pulling out right before your period or while you are bleeding and get pregnant...And while you are on birth control such as nuvaring? When would be the best time to take a home pregnancy test?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper red72cup
|

replied April 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You can take a pregnancy if you miss your period.

You can also use an "Early response" preg test about 4 days before your period is due.

Nuva ring contains hormones which cause breast growth, these hormones 'could' also cause heartburn.
|

replied April 11th, 2007
just to clear up something, when you are on the week that you take your nuvaring out, you are actually "unprotected." If you have sex without a condom and just use the pull out method during that week, you are at risk of getting pregnant, pre-cum actually contains sperm. that's just a word of cautious for next time.

But it's best to take a test on the day of ur period w/ first response, but preferably a week after you miss your period <-- i believe that's right, please correct me if i'm wrong.
|

replied April 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
NO NO NO!!!

I have seen you state this before..

YES you are protected!! This information is available on every health website, and on the actual birth control package.

Please become educated before you start spreading nonfactual information.

My work is birth control, I am educated to know about its usage, and to help women understand how to take it.
|

replied March 12th, 2012
Help
I had an abortion on February 11th... I started using nuvaring on February 27th... 4 days later I had sex, the condum popped so he did cum inside of me... I am constantly nauseous, always tired am eating a little more... What are the possibilities that I may be pregnant?

I know a woman's body is more fertile after an abortion and that the ring doesn't go into effect until after the first week... That's what has me worried... Please let me know what's up I need to know what to expect
|

replied April 29th, 2012
nuvaring pregnancy?
Hi, I've been on nuvaring for years now but my doctor told me that I can just use it back to back so that I don't get a period at all. Occasionally I've left it in longer than I'm supposed to if I'm waiting on a new prescription or something so when I had unprotected sex a few days ago, I'm not sure if I should be worried about pregnancy or not. I honestly cannot even remember the last time I had a period, it's been so long so I wasn't sure when (or even if) I should take a pregnancy test because most people wait until they've missed their period. I don't have any weird symptoms, I've had some cravings but that's pretty standard for me....maybe some weight gain but more than likely it's due to overeating than anything else. What would you recommend?
|

replied April 11th, 2007
I think I am just experiencing side effects from my birth control, and I just have never experienced this before, so it had me worried. I'll take a test if I am late though. Plus I've been under a lot of stress therefore I am probably causing myself more anxiety about this...
|

replied April 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Stress and anxiety can also cause heartburn...

Nuva ring is 99% effective, the only more effective form of birth control is an IUD, which is 99.6% effective.
|

replied April 8th, 2012
How likely is it to get pregnant t anytime with nuvaring? I know it's effective but I see a lot of stories about people becoming pregnant while being on it.
|

replied April 16th, 2007
so far I am a day late so I'm not freaking out yet, hopefully it will come in the next day or two.
|

replied April 16th, 2007
No, you are not unprotected the week you are off the BC to have your period. So long as you insert the Ring the day you are suppose to, you are fine. This is the same with the pill and the patch.

I've been on BC for 12 years....i've had sex couple days before my period PLEANTY of times. But that's not the point, it's fine. You are fine.
Being on BC will also change your periods. And it also can make your breast grow. You are taking hormones...it will affect your body.
|

replied April 17th, 2007
so 3 days late, but I've read a lot of stuff online so I'm pretty sure that this is just my body adjusting to the birth control. I have never used birth control before so I wasn't sure what to expect with it. A friend of mine is on the pill and said that she sometimes is 4 or 5 days late, so all of you other ladies out there who were worrying like me, don't fret...just give it a little time!!
|

replied April 17th, 2007
so 3 days late, but I've read a lot of stuff online so I'm pretty sure that this is just my body adjusting to the birth control. I have never used birth control before so I wasn't sure what to expect with it. A friend of mine is on the pill and said that she sometimes is 4 or 5 days late, so all of you other ladies out there who were worrying like me, don't fret...just give it a little time!!
|

replied April 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
WHY not just take a pregnancy test?

It would be accurate now.
|

replied September 8th, 2008
hey every one hows it going... im 19 and i got a question... my g.f is on the nuva ring and i was wondering ... if we have unprotected sex and i go inside of her is that still ok? or is their a chance of her getting pregnant ?
i have always wanted to but im scared cuz im only 19 and i dont need a kid... so can you please help me out and let me no if it is ok to go inside her with out a condom...

thanks
dJ
|

replied February 1st, 2010
Nuvaring info
I just started using the nuvaring... and my doctor told me that it's fine if you leave the ring in for 4 weeks, and then take it out for a week to have your period.... This is so because the ring contains enough medicine for an entire 5 weeks..... (They do this just incase people leave it in by accident without remembering to take it out....) For the first few days i have had a slight headache (very uncommon for me) but from what i've read the feeling will go away after your body gets used to the changes being made..... So far i like how easy it is to use because you don't have to remember to take a pill every morning.. and nobody can tell you're on birth control unlike using the patch....
HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED!!!
|

replied July 2nd, 2010
i'm on nuvaring, but i'm still scared
i was takeing the pill for 3 months but i was haveing weird mood swings. so my docter told me to stop takeing them for a week until i get to see her. so when i saw her she sugested that i take nuvaring that day i put it in (june 17th) she gave me another one and told me to put it in the fridge then on the 1st i'm supost to take it out and put in the new one. the week after me and my bf had sex, and we didnt use a condom, it was the first time we have tryed it and he pulled out before he came. then just this week (the week of the 27th of june) we had sex on the day i was supost to take it out, but he pulled out even before he had to cum because we thought my parents were home. so today (july 2nd) i took out the old one and put in the new one. i'm not sure if i can still get pregnant though, i hope i'm not because i'm only 15 and hes turning 17 on the 10th and this will runin both our lives if i get pregnant. yes he said he'd be there for me if i ever did get pregnant but still i'm to young to have a baby. so can anyone calm me down or tell me if i should get a pregnancy test.
|

replied July 2nd, 2010
the only way you'll really find out if you're pregnant or not, is if you leave the ring out for a full week... if you take a pregnancy test when the ring is in, it wont be accurate because of the hormones in it... so if you take the ring out, and dont get your period within the week, id reccommend taking a pregnancy test..
hope all turns out well for you =)
|

replied July 2nd, 2010
thank you. i'll have to do that when i take it out on the 25th until then i cant take it out.
|

replied August 14th, 2010
Heyy Guys I need help BADLY!! soo I inserted my first ring on the 1st day of my period cycle. i took it out 3 weeks later right on time...I never got a period!! a week passed && i put in new ring still noooo period!!! its been 2 weeks exactly since i took out the new ring and 1 week since the new one has been in!! Ive been feeling nauseous and my boobs feel like they are gonna rip off! I intend to take a test as soon as im off owrk but should i take the ring out && better yet!! am I just freaking my self out && it just my body adjustng??? I feel like i can start my period any time now with bloating && ab cramps please help!~!!
|

replied August 29th, 2011
Hey I also just started nuvaring! I started it the first day of my period & that period only ended up lasting 2 days with the second day just being light spotting. Usually my cycles are 4-6 days. Is this normal? I'm 2 weeks into using it and my boobs have gotten noticeably larger as well
|

replied August 29th, 2011
Hey I also just started nuvaring! I started it the first day of my period & my period only ended up lasting 2 days with the second day just being light spotting. Usually my cycles are 4-6 days. Is this normal? I'm 2 weeks into using it and my boobs have been getting much larger and sore as well
|

replied March 19th, 2012
HELP!!!! Antibiotic Crisis!!
Hey girls... I've been on Nuvaring for about three years now and had sex tonight... Well... my dumb self forgot I'm on antibiotics right now for a UTI... Does this increase my chances of getting pregnant? I'm honestly not so great with nuvaring either. I put it in or take it out a day late sometimes. Yet, never gotten pregnant. I use it continuously as well so I only get my period every three months rather than every month. I wonder if for being on it so long the chance of antibiotics cancelling it out is just a silly thought? I don't know. Please help me out if you have any information!!
|
12 >>