Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Vagina Hair

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi Friends,

Like all girls i'm also having hair on my vagina but the problem is that I dont know how to remove them.

also pls tell me is it neccesary to remove them.

pls help me out.

thanxi
shika
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile cinderellaaa
|

replied April 11th, 2007
You don't have to remove them at all. It's perfectly fine to do nothing about it. In fact, some people like that. However, if you feel the need to remove it for a hygiene preference, many people have found shaving (but be careful, ha), or waxing to be helpful. However, there is no reason to HAVE to remove it.
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Of course it isn't necessary to remove it. It's not like there is a law and police are going to come inspect everyone and enforce vaginal baldness, right? Laughing It's just a preference that varies from person to person. It's all up to you. Some women like to be completely hairless, some like to trim, some like to shave parts and trim others, and some women like to leave it 100% natural.
|

replied April 11th, 2007
i agree.

its all up to you.

but the main ways of (removing it) are waxing, and shaving it, but be careful when shaving, that is a very sensitive area, and you need to go slow and careful.
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2007
Experienced User
I recommend a bikini trimmer, if you want to trim/get rid of it completely. It would help to go over it with a razor as well though, but a quick trim will make it easier.
But it's up to you what you want to do with it, you're not required to get rid of it.
|

replied April 22nd, 2007
Thank you friends. You really helped me so much. I was very tense about it before getting these answers. I hope you all always be there to help me in future.

With lots of thanx
Ishika
|

replied April 22nd, 2007
Supporter
Pubic Hair
Trimming or shaving helps to control odor.
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2007
Supporter
It doesn't have to be done it's a personal preferance. i always used to shave mine religiously but i don't anymore because due to pregnancy i can't see there anymore! Bust rest asured i'll be back down there once she's out!
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i shave mine off completely but it's just personal preference
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2007
Its up 2 u..
|

replied May 13th, 2012
Vaginal Hair
Well, you see, I am a doctor. And it isn't really healthy to have vaginal hair. My own daughters have hair and so I taught them that they should shave it. Hair near vagina stops some urine, even when washed with water. These drops then may affect your skin and also give out a bad odor.

It is totally up to you. Also, while sexual intercourse, if you have it, it becomes difficult if the hair gets in between as it hurts.
|

replied May 14th, 2012
Community Volunteer
First of all, the vagina does not have any hair. The hair is on the vulva, which is well outside the vagina. Urine does not get there but stay in the vulva which covers the urethral entrance (pee hole) and vulva).

Acording to your own reasoning, not having hair will bring the urine in direct contact with the skin. So instead of these few drops being caught in the hair, it is now on the skin. These drops are actually absorbed pretty quickly by underwear.

There is absolutely no medical or health reason to recommend either shaving, trimming or natural hair growth. It is a personal choice that should be made by every woman herself for a variety of reasons. All three ways have both positives and negatives.

The females of the human species seems to have survived largely without any problems from creation until today, shaved or not. They will continue to survive until the day our sun explodes billions and billions of years into the future.
|

replied May 15th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Hair or not hair?
As a man I have no real preference: shaved takes years off and makes it look pre-pubescent (if it is an attractive vulva) but, depending on the type of hair, stubble can form quickly and be as pleasant to touch as sandpaper...

Some women have pubes like wire that is like a jungle and some merely have a fringe like a civilised screen hedge.
Some women have hair that grows well towards the inside of the outer labia - if it is left long it can be carried inside during sex and cause soreness but if shaved (difficult) it still causes a sore willy...

Fortunately most women have pubes that naturally grow in a quite orderly way and do not impede sex at all. Nature usually knows best and pubic hair was placed there for a reason, no doubt, and it is usually folly to tamper with nature without good reason...
Sometimes nature needs a little help and a little trim is good but mostly giving it a good combing is all it needs...
|
Quick Reply