Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Lazy Gallbladder

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
A couple of weeks ago I was having some discomfort on my right side so I went to see my doctor, he recomended that I have a HIDA scan done, the results came in and it showed that my gallbladder was working at 9% so it had to be removed. With those results i went to my gastroenterologist and he recomended a Sonogram and a CTscan, both results came out normal and it showed I had no gallstones so he said that I had a lazy bladder and that removal wasn`t necesary. So what can I do? Do I have it removed? What are the chances that may gallblader function will go down from 9%? One more thing the discomfort has gone away.

Thank You very much
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper adirondack
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Maybe get another opinion from another dr. i had my gallbladder removed, had stones though, they never did a hida scan wich i found odd but i am in germany. Maybe ask if there are supplements to help etc. If it becomes more severe the pain that is maybe discuss removing the gallbladder.
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2012
I also had a Lazy Gallbladder no stones just sludge and I had mine removed 2 weeks ago my gallbladder was infected I tried everything I know herbally and holistically it worked for about 3 months my last attack made the decision to have it removed, now I can eat what I want again and not be afraid to eat.

Ren
|

replied April 13th, 2007
Yes
have another hida ,,, hyda scan done. it was the only test that EVER showed mine was BAD Smile
|

replied April 2nd, 2012
9% is clearly abnormal functioning for a gallbladder. Your doctor must have recommended against surgical removal simply because you said your pain went away. If there are no symptoms, then there is no reason to remove a gallbladder. However, pain and discomfort would definitely warrant a removal of a disfunctioning gallbladder.
|