Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Low Blood Pressure and Hypotension Forum

Low Blood Pressure

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
I have high blood pressure. I have not been feeling well for about 2 weeks, now, so I decided to take my blood pressure and it was low. It has been running approx. 80 to 90's over 55-60's. I've been having a headache every day. Today I felt worse. My doctors are not in their office today and won't be until monday. Shoul I be concerned until I can see my doctor? Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hypotension is the medical term for low blood pressure, which is defined as below 90/60. This occurs when the pressure on the blood vessel walls falls below normal limits. Low blood pressure that does not cause symptoms is generally considered to be a sign of good cardiovascular health because there is less stress on the heart and blood vessels.

Sounds like this is a good thing, but if your feeling bad I would contact your Doc.. I would ask my Doc. But until then. I would not worry.
|

replied November 27th, 2010
Low blood pressure
I have low blood pressure (80s/50s) and also have had cases of low blood sugars. I recently had pleuresy of my left lung, so can I attribute my low blood pressure to that (because I was having a lack of oxygen for so long)? I've had the low blood sugar for longer however- I feel the need to eat often, since I get drowsy and feel faint easily, and must eat upon waking up or I pass out when I stand sometimes.
Do I need to change my eating habits? Do I maybe have an illness? I'm a semi-athletic 20-year-old woman, but I don't think it could be for healthy reasons that my blood pressure is low. I also have a lower internal body temperature that is around 96 usually. Help!
|

replied February 15th, 2012
Experienced User
Many times, stress or hypertension may be the cause of low blood pressure problem. Try to relax yourself. Exercise is also good to reduce blood pressure problem but at the same time diet food is also plays the main role to control blood pressure level.
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2012
Symptoms of Low Blood Pressure are Blurry vision,Weakness Dizziness,Fainting,Confusion,Light-headedn ess,Sleepiness.Treatment for low blood pressure is mostly depends on cause of low blood pressure.
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.