Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

I Think I'm

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
i don't know what to do.

i think i'm going to give bella back to the lady that gave her to me Crying or Very sad

i don't think we should have anymore pets, i don't feel like i do a good job with her. i've had her for... five months. i've tried to train her, and i'm doing better with potty training her but shes peed all over our carpet (sick i know, but what can you expect with a puppy) she's doing better with it though, and shes so hyper and she drives my grandma crazy. my grandma isnt nice to her, she doesn't hit her or anything but she yells at her to get down and stuff and when she bugs my grandma she just puts her in her kennel in the other room so se'll leave her alone.

i just feel like she could have so much better.. i know she's a dog but still Sad i don't know, i love her and it makes me sad thinking about giving her back but i think she deserves to have a better family to live with.

sigh im dumb lol i just think she'd have better if she had kids to play with or something and get lots and lots of attention which she doesn't get much here.. i didn't want to give up on her but i don't know anymore.

boooooooooo Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 3rd, 2007
We had the same problem with our puppy. It took us two long years to train her. She is a rat terrier, and that breed is very high strung. We didn't know what we were doing wrong, then one day she got the idea. Now she is a great dog, still very hyper, but the kids have so much fun with her. Hope everything works out.
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I'm sorry, .terra. I'm sure you'll do what's best for her. Just think it over, okay? Sad
|

replied April 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Maybe it isn't you at all, but maybe it's the breed like .Kim said. I've had lots and lots of dogs, but a couple years ago I was dying for a puppy. I ended up with a Katahoula Leopard Hound/Lab mix. He was awful to train. I did everything including getting up every 3 hours in the night to take his a$$ outside in the winter to potty. He was a horror show in the house. I came home one day to find that he had broken out of his crate and ate my kitchen floor. He always tried to herd our cats too. Finially I couldn't take it anymore and found him a new home. It turns out they are not good house pets, but working dogs.

I'm sure your pup is happy with you and your grandma. I'm sure you are a great dog owner. If you feel strongly about giving her back, do it, but I think you should just hang in there, one day she'll be all trained.
|

replied April 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Aww, I'm sorry .bella isn't working out for you .terra. I know puppies are a lot of work....and it probably won't get easier until she's over her puppy stage, and that could be until she's over a year old. I think smaller dogs mature faster than bigger dogs however (I may have that backwards Confused) Is it at all possible to confine her to laminate/tile floor until she's completely house broken?
Once you get beyond the puppy stage, they normally get easier to work with. I know my dog did. He's 2 and still acts like a puppy every once in awhile. He doesn't chew things, but he'll get a burst of energy and run around the house like an idiot.
Also, what we did with my parents dog (a stubborn beagle) is she wouldn't poop outside, so every time after she ate....we'd tie her out until she went. at first we rewarded her as soon as she was done...finally she got the idea.
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
well i have no idea what she is lol but i did read in a dog book that smaller dogs take a lot longer to train. I don't want to give up on her, that's what i've been telling myself all along, i really really love her and love to cuddle with her and she's so funny, i just feel like she deserves better.

i just get worried that if i do give her back she'll go to a family that treats her bad and that i'll never hear about her ever.

and after i move out it's just gona be my mom (and she works alllllllllllll the time) and my grandma and i know my grandma won't give her attention like she deserves.

i really think i'm just going to give her back, the longer i keep her the more attached i'll get... and i know it wont be good for her to be with my grandma all day not getting any attention lol Sad it'll be this friday.
|

replied April 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: I Think I'm
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
sigh im dumb lol i just think she'd have better if she had kids to play with or something and get lots and lots of attention which she doesn't get much here.. i didn't want to give up on her but i don't know anymore.

boooooooooo Sad
oooh oooh oooh! terra,if I pay you to ship her here would you?SHe would be well taken care of?you know I think your puppy is cute as hell and I have always wanted a small dog!

she'll have a big back yard,kids to play with and there is always someone home to take care of her!
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
awww you'd take her? Laughing i'd love that rather than some stranger having her!
|

replied April 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
awww you'd take her? Laughing i'd love that rather than some stranger having her!
I really would.Let me try and find out how much it will cost to ship her and how much money I have after I pay my bills this month and I'll pm you.but yeah,i'd love to take her off your hands!
|

replied April 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
awwwwwww, a fairytale ending! How sweet. Mel you are such a great person, you've got such a big heart!!

I hope things work out, and you get to take .bella.
Even if you can't ship her, it would be cool for you guys to like, meet in the middle, or send her back with .tommy and .mel could pick her up from wherever .t-boy is!
|

replied April 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hopefulmjz wrote:
awwwwwww, a fairytale ending! How sweet. Mel you are such a great person, you've got such a big heart!!

I hope things work out, and you get to take .bella.
Even if you can't ship her, it would be cool for you guys to like, meet in the middle, or send her back with .tommy and .mel could pick her up from wherever .t-boy is!
I hope it works out too.I think if she came back with tommy and I got it from him we would still have to pay to ship her but at least she would be with someone.I was talking to my sister about it on my lunch break and she reminded me I need to talk to my mom first Rolling Eyes so I should have a definite answer by friday ( i work both jobs tonight so I wont see her).I would so love to though,I want a lil pup!
|

replied April 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I think there may be an additional fee, but I don't think you'd have to pay the full ticket, she could be considered his carry on.......i think
|

replied April 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hopefulmjz wrote:
I think there may be an additional fee, but I don't think you'd have to pay the full ticket, she could be considered his carry on.......i think
oooh,really?I wonder. . .
|

replied April 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yup, I think so anyways. Because when we went to .mexico, a few people had little dogs in those kennel/bag type things....and set it on their lap for the flight, so I think you can consider that as a carry on. I'm not sure what paperwork .bella would need......I think she'd need a clean bill of health from the vet tho, at least. and to be up to date on her shots.
|

replied April 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hopefulmjz wrote:
Yup, I think so anyways. Because when we went to .mexico, a few people had little dogs in those kennel/bag type things....and set it on their lap for the flight, so I think you can consider that as a carry on. I'm not sure what paperwork .bella would need......I think she'd need a clean bill of health from the vet tho, at least. and to be up to date on her shots.
yeah,I sent terra a link for what she would need.
|