Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Private Pimple

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Alright so lately i've been getting what appears to be pimples on the inner part of my legs, close to my private areas-mostly along my underwear lines or farther down my leg... I know it's not an std or anything cause i've never had sex, but they will pop up one at a time, and they're worse around my period... It could be an ingrown hair, but they appear to be pimples. A red bump that can sometimes be painful cause my underwear will rub against it-i dont know how to treat them or how to get rid of them, and was just wondering if any of you had any suggestions, or if anyone else has had anything similar-so, if you have any ideas, suggestions, are you have gotten them too, please let me know-thanks bunch! :d oh yeah-i clean very thoroughly with a non-scented soap as well... If that makes a difference to your replies...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 18th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Do you shave your bikini line? It sounds to me like razor burn. I mean, underwear rubbing is what makes me get razor burn in the first place, and I get bumps too. If you haven't had sex it would not be an std. Try "bikini zone" or something of the sort (if it could be from shaving) and that is all the help I can give. Sorry!
|

Yeah I do shave my bikini line- what's this "bikini zone" stuff you suggested? Just something to help prevent it? Thanks so much! I feel better knowing i'm not the only one who has it...
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
Yep that is what the irritation is from!

~sara~
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I also find that wearing synthetic (nylon) underwear is very irritating. Cotton underwear is the most comfortable and less irratating.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Bikini zone is at the store with like nair and waxes and stuff like that. It is a gel that soothes razor burn. There are also other ones, one of the other posts mentioned "coochie cream" and she said that worked very well. So, you are just going to have to kind of experiment with different creams. And hey, if you do find something that works, let me know!
|

Whew
Thanks everyone-i feel better about it now Smile
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile