Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Brownish Discharge

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Can someone help me.

I have had a long battle with trying to get pregnant. My husband and I did back in 12/03- but miscarried 3 days after finding out.

We are pregnant again, but 4 days into it- I started having very mild cramping and some bleeding (only when going to the restroom) that was very brown- almost prune juice color.

I went to the ob/gyn and my blood test indicated my hcg only went from 315 to 634 over the course of 4 days. From my understanding it should double every 2 days. The dr is concerned about the hormone count.

All other pregnancy symptoms are there- they are concerned it could be tubal pregnancy.

Can someone please contact me and let me know if they have any experience in this. I can't go through another m/c or having to physically end this pregnancy.

Please help.

Shon
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2004
I went through this myself a couple months ago. Usually the first indication is the hcg levels. They usually only jump a couple hundred each time you are tested, and you usually have bleeding within a couple days of realizing you are pregnant. My ob gyn had a hard time determining if that was the problem. I had to give blood every three days. They still werenÂ’t positive if it was tubal or a m/c until the very last minute and then I was in surgery. Keep an eye on your hcg levels, that is the most accurate measure. If you begin to have intense cramping on one side or the other get to your doctor immediately! You may just have a late bloomer. You will be in my prayers. Wink
|

replied February 18th, 2004
Brownish Discharge
Thank you so much for your reply.

I go back today and in two more days for hcg levels testing.

Is is possible to still conceive a healthy pregnancy after having a tubal preganancy?

I do pray that all works out and appreciate your prayers far and wide.
|

They say that there is a 65% that you will have a healthy pregnancy after an ectopic pregnancy (this is the medical term). However, you are more susceptible to another once you have one, figures. Try not to worry everything will be fine. Everything happens for a reason- that is the one thing that got me through the ordeal. Remember also that you may have a late bloomer who is just developing a little slowly at first. Hang in there and try to stay positive. We are now going through the fear of a healthy pregnancy after a tubal. My husband and I have just started trying again after our tubal pregnancy five months ago. I pray that everything will be fine this time around. I will be thinking of you today.
|

Brownish Discharge
Thanks

you are the best.

I will always remember you and I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.

There is a reason for everything- this you are correct on.

Thanks again for your help, concern and thoughts. :d

shon- cleveland
|

replied September 22nd, 2009
I was the same way. i bled a lot durring my pregnancy. i had two miscarrages before i had a good one, and the pregnancy was terrible. every time i stood up i would bleed. amongst other things. it was a terrible terrible pregnancy, but i had a healthy baby at the end a big 9lb 7oz boy! I never thought that i'd have a baby, esp after loseing two. i was devistated, but dont give up hope. Stay strong and dont worry. worrying will only make it worse. Take care of yourself and everything will work out in time.
-nancy
|

replied August 29th, 2011
been feeling like i want to eat. even n the middle of the night. and also realized brown discharge. could i be pregant its been like 2 weeks
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile