Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Blood Disorders Forum

Relative lymphocytosis & tired w/severe joint pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
Dear Doctor,

i have been suffering from upper abdominal pain, headaches, constipation, and fatigue, i am not feeling well and my concentration is decreasing, i suffer from headaches that come and goes.
i have been doing CBC each year or less and each time i have relative lymphocytosis but the last CBC also Showed slight left shift (bands 7%) and my ESR is high abdominal scan was normal but i didn't have a check on colon or stomach yet.
can u please advice me with any further tests. i also sleep alot but i wake up tired and with severe joint pains.
please reply back as soon as possible. i cant perform well at work.

Thank you

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2007
Blood Disorders Answer A2577
Taken together, all these symptoms (fatigue, abdominal pain, nausea, headaches, joint pains, sleepiness, tiredness, constipation, decreased concentration…) sound like depression. Relative lymphocytosis has no significance if the other tests are normal (sedimentation, absolute number of lymphocytes etc.). From the tests that remains, you can request a gastroscopy (for stomach examination), colonoscopy (for colon examination) and an X-ray image of the joint that is the most painful. If these remaining tests are also ok, you can consult with a mental health professional.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Blood Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.