Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Vaginal Bumps

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have little bumps, barely raised above the surface, on my vaginal lips. I went to the Gyn. She said that it was just a normal part of my anatomy and that some girls had it, some didn't. I'm still worried that when I do decide to start having sex that my boyfriend will be grossed out by it. So I want to tell him before hand, besides it seems like the honest thing to do. I was just wondering if anyone how any ideas how I could tell him, since I'm really nervous. If I could, I'd like the bumps removed, but the doctor said it's just normal.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
.i have the same thing and have talked to my gyno about. .most women have bumps on their skin where the hair follicle is and their is really nothing you can do about it. .my boyfriend has never noticed and think .i am crazy if .i say something about it. .don't worry and enjoy everything about you that makes you unique!
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I agree with Opal. Sometimes the hair follicles are just more noticeable on some people. It's no big deal. I don't think you should have to let him know about it. It would be kind of like letting him know that you have breasts and a vagina too, kind of a given, you know? Razz

If your boyfriend is bothered by it, then he might not be ready to do anything sexual anyway. Being ready to do sexual things should involve some knowledge of anatomy, some knowledge that all people are a little bit different, and being comfortable with those differences.
|

replied April 26th, 2012
BRUISED
i need help i found a lil brown bruise and i have never had sex what is it caused from
|

replied April 29th, 2012
Experienced User
Saint of Fayth,

My Name is Clyde. I will turn 54 this year. I spent 20 years as a sailor (Hospital Corpsman) before i retired and went to nursing school. I am NOT AN EXPERT but I do have experience with more women than I care to count. I am now happily in my third marraige. I would like to give you my OPINION from a man's point of view.

The fact is you are worrying about nothing!!! If your vagina goes side to side instead of up and down, you have something to worry about. Your boyfriend will most likely find those little bumps less than noticeable but also without knowing it, he will find them stimmulating as you have intercourse. They will touch him around his penis and pubic aera as he thrusts in and out heightening his stimulation and pleasure, but he won't even know it. You have a plus that he'll never recognise but he'll certainly FEEL it!!! You should count yourself lucky compared to those with a flat smooth vaginal area. I think your boyfriend is a really lucky guy but just doesn't know it yet. Stop worrying!!!
|