Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Health Insurance Forum

Health Insurance With Pregnancy Coverage

I recently got married with the woman of my dreams. Now, we are thinking about our future and we realized that we need to get a health insurance that covers her for pregnancy and maternity. Her current health insurance does not cover it and the insurance company does not allow her to add that coverage to her current policy . We have been told that all companies require a waiting period of one year after acquiring a new policy in order to use the maternity coverage. We are very lost in this procedure and we have not been able to find information on this respect. I guess our specific questions are:

1. Where can we find more information about the different types of health insurance?
2. Is it true that for any type of insurance we will have to wait one year before using the pregnancy coverage?
3. Is there any web-page where we can ask for brochures instead of asking for an online quote of health coverages we do not know of?
4. Any other important information (advise) you think might help us would be also appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Health Insurance With Pregnancy Coverage
kings1 wrote:
I recently got married with the woman of my dreams. Now, we are thinking about our future and we realized that we need to get a health insurance that covers her for pregnancy and maternity. Her current health insurance does not cover it and the insurance company does not allow her to add that coverage to her current policy . We have been told that all companies require a waiting period of one year after acquiring a new policy in order to use the maternity coverage. We are very lost in this procedure and we have not been able to find information on this respect. I guess our specific questions are:

1. Where can we find more information about the different types of health insurance? you can search the internet to find some or call around
2. Is it true that for any type of insurance we will have to wait one year before using the pregnancy coverage? are you talking about disability insurance? or health?
3. Is there any web-page where we can ask for brochures instead of asking for an online quote of health coverages we do not know of?
4. Any other important information (advise) you think might help us would be also appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
My advice to you is to contact a local private health insurance broker to ask these questions. Policies vary so much that it is impossible to say what the waiting periods are, etc. Is her insurance private or throgh her employer?
|