Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Had Sex On Ovulation Could I Be Pregnant

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
i forgot that i was supposed to ovluate... on da 28th and i had unprotected twice that day and my boyfriend came inside of me both times.... but anyway like the next two days after that i had this really weird cramping....my nipplez are sore....and the left breast is tender but it goes all the way to my armpit.... everytime when i hiccup i throw up in my mouth.... and i start to feel really sick everytime i eat sumthing....it feels like im bout to get my period but i dont.. my next period isn't due until the 11th... wat should i do just wait until i see my period or if not when should i test.. should i tell my boyfriend i think im pregnant.... we have been together on and off for 3 yrs.. now...
i just really want some adivce wat did you guys do when yall thoguht and found out yall were pregnant???? thankz a bunch
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
you wouldn't be having symptoms this early. you wouldn't experience symptoms until around the time your period is due. wait until then & then take a test. it doesn't really sound like you "forgot" about ovulating.. it kind of sounds like you're wanting to get pregnant.

but to answer your question, of course you could pregnant. you had unprotected sex around the time you were supposed to be ovulating. all it takes is one time & one little sperm.

just take a test when your period is due.

good luck.
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Well, if you had unprotected sex around ovulation, that is the most fertile time in your cycle, and since you had unprotected sex more than 1 time around ovulation, that ups the odds. Did you have unprotected sex other than this before you ovulated? Sperm can survive up to 5 days if conditions are right. Is possible that you ovulated earlier than you thought and had unprotected sex then, if you were just going by a calendar and not basal body temping and checking your cervical mucus?

The strangely sore breasts with the nipple sensation sounds a lot like it could be pregnancy related--perhaps you had early implantation. This usually occurs at 7-10 days past ovulation, but I have read that rarely it can happen at 4-5 DPO.

All you can do is wait and take a test. Some of the early response tests claim they can detect pregnancy 5 days sooner (it's really more like 4 days since they fudge a little on the box with the 5th day being the day your period is due). If you are eager to know and can't wait, buy an early response type test (like First Response Early Result or Answer Early), get a box with 2 or 3 tests, and then test 4 days before your period, on April 7. If that test is negative, you can test again on the 9th and then again on the 11th.

As far as telling your boyfriend, that's your decision. If you are pregnant, he will need to know, obviously, but as for now, you're kind of just in limbo while you wait.
|

replied April 1st, 2007
arcadia wrote:
you wouldn't be having symptoms this early. you wouldn't experience symptoms until around the time your period is due. wait until then & then take a test. it doesn't really sound like you "forgot" about ovulating.. it kind of sounds like you're wanting to get pregnant.

but to answer your question, of course you could pregnant. you had unprotected sex around the time you were supposed to be ovulating. all it takes is one time & one little sperm.

just take a test when your period is due.

good luck.

no i am not wanting to get pregnant im too young i really did 4get that i was ovulating
|

replied April 1st, 2007
cln1812 wrote:
Well, if you had unprotected sex around ovulation, that is the most fertile time in your cycle, and since you had unprotected sex more than 1 time around ovulation, that ups the odds. Did you have unprotected sex other than this before you ovulated? Sperm can survive up to 5 days if conditions are right. Is possible that you ovulated earlier than you thought and had unprotected sex then, if you were just going by a calendar and not basal body temping and checking your cervical mucus?

The strangely sore breasts with the nipple sensation sounds a lot like it could be pregnancy related--perhaps you had early implantation. This usually occurs at 7-10 days past ovulation, but I have read that rarely it can happen at 4-5 DPO.

All you can do is wait and take a test. Some of the early response tests claim they can detect pregnancy 5 days sooner (it's really more like 4 days since they fudge a little on the box with the 5th day being the day your period is due). If you are eager to know and can't wait, buy an early response type test (like First Response Early Result or Answer Early), get a box with 2 or 3 tests, and then test 4 days before your period, on April 7. If that test is negative, you can test again on the 9th and then again on the 11th.

As far as telling your boyfriend, that's your decision. If you are pregnant, he will need to know, obviously, but as for now, you're kind of just in limbo while you wait.

yes i have had unprotected before that cause yea i was going by calender but i hopefully find out... i'll keep yall updated
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
well, i'm not trying to be rude, but if you think you're too young to get pregnant then what in the hell are you doing having unprotected sex anyway? even if you "forgot" that you were ovulating, you shouldn't be having unprotected sex in the first place because like you said, you think you're too young to get pregnant and you're probably right.

if you knew when you were ovulating, i doubt that it just "slipped your mind" when you were having unprotected sex twice.

and just so you know, you can get pregnant any time of the month, nobody really knows exactly when they ovulate.

get on some birth control or close your legs, please Smile
|

replied April 1st, 2007
Experienced User
First of all, if you're not trying to get pregnant it is pretty flippin stupid to have unprotected sex, even more stupid to have unprotected sex knowing so little about your reproductive cycle.

Having unprotected sex = bad. Having unprotected sex 6 days before you ovulate = really likely you're going to get yourself pregnant. Having sex after you ovulate= not bright, but you're probably in the clear.

For the love of .god, invest in a box of condoms.
|

replied April 1st, 2007
prettygirlygirl wrote:
First of all, if you're not trying to get pregnant it is pretty flippin stupid to have unprotected sex, even more stupid to have unprotected sex knowing so little about your reproductive cycle.

Having unprotected sex = bad. Having unprotected sex 6 days before you ovulate = really likely you're going to get yourself pregnant. Having sex after you ovulate= not bright, but you're probably in the clear.

For the love of .god, invest in a box of condoms.

i know that so dont tell me anything i already know i have a child already
|

replied April 1st, 2007
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
well, i'm not trying to be rude, but if you think you're too young to get pregnant then what in the hell are you doing having unprotected sex anyway? even if you "forgot" that you were ovulating, you shouldn't be having unprotected sex in the first place because like you said, you think you're too young to get pregnant and you're probably right.

if you knew when you were ovulating, i doubt that it just "slipped your mind" when you were having unprotected sex twice.

and just so you know, you can get pregnant any time of the month, nobody really knows exactly when they ovulate.

get on some birth control or close your legs, please Smile

yes i really did forget it was kind of one of those random things we usually use a condom.. n when i say im to young i mean cause i am only 20
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
well you said you've had unprotected sex before.

and don't be rude to prettygirlygirl because of your mistake, you posted on the internet and you're not always going to get answers that you like to hear, we're not going to sugarcoat things for you dear.

i know that if i already had a baby at the age of 20 i wouldn't forget that i was ovulating on that very day and have unprotected sex, twice. i know things happen, but seriously. you could be pregnant, test if you miss your period, i forgot what your origional post said i couldn't read it very well.

good luck.
|

replied April 2nd, 2007
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
well you said you've had unprotected sex before.

and don't be rude to prettygirlygirl because of your mistake, you posted on the internet and you're not always going to get answers that you like to hear, we're not going to sugarcoat things for you dear.

i know that if i already had a baby at the age of 20 i wouldn't forget that i was ovulating on that very day and have unprotected sex, twice. i know things happen, but seriously. you could be pregnant, test if you miss your period, i forgot what your origional post said i couldn't read it very well.

good luck.

i was not tryin to be rude or anything im sry its just that i hate when people come at me like that so i am sry if i get a lil mean at times
|

replied April 6th, 2007
Ouch!
Ok, I know this converstation took place 4 days ago, but if you decide to come back and read for more responses, I just wanted to say that you arent being rude, people have no right to judge you like that. Some people mistake a simple question for "by all means judge me and tell me exactly what you think of me". Sometimes we just forget. It happened to me but I wasnt pregnant after all. If you think you are preg, take a test, or go see your doctor. Hope the best for u in whatever happens! Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Ouch!
butterfly_blue wrote:
Ok, I know this converstation took place 4 days ago, but if you decide to come back and read for more responses, I just wanted to say that you arent being rude, people have no right to judge you like that. Some people mistake a simple question for "by all means judge me and tell me exactly what you think of me". Sometimes we just forget. It happened to me but I wasnt pregnant after all. If you think you are preg, take a test, or go see your doctor. Hope the best for u in whatever happens! Very Happy

While I understand that you may have been meaning to offer her advice. You also seem to be trying to start some drama. This conversation (as you noted) took place days ago, therefor there was no need to reintroduce a negative tone to the situation. She has already reposted that she got a positive test. We have not heard from her since additional questions were asked.
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
'Trackstar' has 3 different usernames and was called out on this on the teen preg board - that's probably why she has not been back.

Locked so drama does not start Rolling Eyes
|