Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Lump On Outer Part of Vagina

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have alump on the outer part of my vagina. I went to the doctor he said take some antibiotics and it will go away. It is not going away it is very painful. Cannot wear pants Dr said it was something that started with a K not sure can someone help me?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper WalterMoeselecker
|

replied March 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Lump On Outer Part of Vagina
dawnmtwillis wrote:
I have alump on the outer part of my vagina. I went to the doctor he said take some antibiotics and it will go away. It is not going away it is very painful. Cannot wear pants Dr said it was something that started with a K not sure can someone help me?

What is a "k"?
|

replied April 14th, 2007
Eiri wrote:
dawnmtwillis wrote:

What is a "k"?

Herpes sore.
|

replied April 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
WalterMoeselecker wrote:
Eiri wrote:
dawnmtwillis wrote:

What is a "k"?

Herpes sore.

Well then it sounds like the op (original poster) has herpes.
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
dawn,
the bump your have may or may not be herpies.. At times I have gotten a small bump that is burning and sore. I was tested for herpes and it was NOT. Sometimes it is like a jock itch for women. I notice mine after I have work out and become sweaty. If I stay in my work out clothes to long before I shower I can get one. I would think you Doc would have checked you for herpes if he thought that is what it was.
|

replied June 22nd, 2011
Probably a sebaceous cyst. Not dangerous in itself, but can get infected and really cause a lot of pain. Best to have it removed
|

replied June 23rd, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
it is not herpes because herpes is a virus and antibiotics are not given for viruses because they will do no good
NEXT TIME AT DR, take notes
|
Quick Reply