Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Help - White Light Movement In Eye

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
Looking to see if anyone has had this or knows what might be going on. A few months ago, I thought I was seeing a movement on my left. Of course, when I moved to see what it was, there was nothing there. After a few weeks, the movement continued to get worse and finally got to a point to where I could actually see the movement. The movement is now happening a couple of times an hour. It is a white oval light shape that starts at the extreme top far left of my eye and moves downward. It is always the same place, same length of time, same shape, ect. This is NOT a flash of white light. It takes approximately 1-2 seconds to move from top to bottom. Also, my floaters have become much worse in that same eye (the small dots).
I have seen my PCP and 2 eye doctors. I do not have retina detachment nor anything else for that matter, per the doctors. My eye doctor indicated that it might be neurological. I do not have migraines and do not have many more symptoms. These maybe be related or not - Memory loss and bad short term memory, weak, tired all the time, frequently hot.
Anyone have any ideas, suggestions or have these symptoms?

Thanks,
D Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 22nd, 2009
White Light movements in eye
I have also experienced this light movement in my right eye. It started about a week ago after a fight i had, i got punched in the right eye. I had blood in my eye two days after the fight. After the blood cleared i started to see white light movement. I deicided to check it up online under parasites, but nothing fit the symptoms i was having then i found you. Have you heard anything from your Docs about what it could be? Thx!Kizzy Sad
|

replied October 7th, 2011
!!!
Hey guys, I'm in the same shoes as you, gingiss. I got hit in the eye real hard while playing basketball, my eye was bleeding and swollen. Two days later I began seeing these small white lights in the left side of my vision. It goes from top to bottom and lasts about 1 second. I saw three doctors. They dilated my eyes and everything and they said my retina was still attached with no damage.
Does it ever stop?
|

replied May 22nd, 2009
Retinal detachment?
It might be a retinal detachment, if they are flashes of light or even some kind of light it is an indication of a retinal detachment. You might want to ask your doctors about it because I seen flashing lights and they said I had a retinal detachment. Hope this is useful I don't know for sure if it is one but it might help. Good luck to both of you!
|

replied July 30th, 2009
I have the exact same thing. I have seen 3 ophthamologists with no luck. Everyone seems to say that they are floaters, but when I look up floaters they are described as gray floating lines...not the dot I see in the exact same spot. My vision is fine other than the floating spot I see multiple times a day.
|

replied June 25th, 2010
white light in eye
i have a white light circling in my right eye i can see it when my eye is open or closed and i had a rupture in it about 4 years ago, its not floaters, or flashes, just a light circling and i've been told my eye appears okay, please help! Its buggy
|

replied January 26th, 2011
I have the same problem in my left eye, only the light goes up not down. I have not seen an eye doctor. I am also tired and hot but its because I am pregnant! If you are a woman, maybe you are pregnant too?
|

replied July 23rd, 2011
White lights on my eyes
This is all interesting. When the room is dark and I turn by head, there are round white circles. Someone said it was the start of Macular Dedeneration. Iam unemployed with no insurance. Yikes!
|

replied July 31st, 2011
i get this a lot, its like a couple of round, overlapping , big white lights (almost like bubbles ) that move from bottom to top of the outside edge of my left eye.
What i do know is , its a lot worse when my thyroid isnt under control. I suffer from hypothyroidism. It might be worth getting your thyroid checked as this also causes muscle weakness, tiredness and heat intolerance
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied December 19th, 2011
Circling White Light in Eye
I had a circling white light and have the best opthalmologist in Canada. He's keeping a check on it but not a current or future threat. It may be an after image if you are on a computer or smart phone constantly (I am). Take a break at least 5mins each hour and try using these night time moisture drops called tear gel or liposic gel.
Hope this helps; did me!
|

replied April 14th, 2012
I just began getting this white circle of light in my right eye that travels from up to down, in a diagonal fashion. I also just started alpha lipoic acid supplements, and these symptoms began the same day. I will be seeing my ophthalmologist soon. I also am tired much too.
|

replied April 14th, 2012
I just began getting this white circle of light in my right eye that travels from up to down, in a diagonal fashion. I also just started alpha lipoic acid supplements, and these symptoms began the same day. I will be seeing my ophthalmologist soon. I also am tired much too.
|

replied September 15th, 2013
Little white lights - auras
What I see is one or two or a few more at the most at a time little almost sperm like tiny white lights that almost seem to swim or float across both eyes as if alive (maybe I'm not getting enough?), whether I close one eyes or not. One eye doctor told me to go right to the nearest emergency room and have them call him if I suddenly experience a huge surge of blinding white light, then said he did see some retinal damage that was so minute it wasn't worth worrying about and healed after about six months, went away, but the little sperm looking tiny white lights still persist at times . I also experience what is known as seeing auras in space and time, as if a fracture or fisher in space that starts out very small then looks like a leaning flashing ghostly streak of many flashing colors that is almost blinding in direct vision, however goes away after thirty minutes to an hour later just as suddenly as it starts. One can only wonder how people reacted in past times before science studied such things, they must have thought they were seeing real ghosts or something superstitious. It only happens though about four times a year to a few times a month and some years go by I don't see the auras, but I don't let them bother me as long as I see my doctors and get regular checkups.
|

replied September 15th, 2013
Little white lights - auras
What I see is one or two or a few more at the most at a time little almost sperm like tiny white lights that almost seem to swim or float across both eyes as if alive (maybe I'm not getting enough?), whether I close one eyes or not. One eye doctor told me to go right to the nearest emergency room and have them call him if I suddenly experience a huge surge of blinding white light, then said he did see some retinal damage that was so minute it wasn't worth worrying about and healed after about six months, went away, but the little sperm looking tiny white lights still persist at times . I also experience what is known as seeing auras in space and time, as if a fracture or fisher in space that starts out very small then looks like a leaning flashing ghostly streak of many flashing colors that is almost blinding in direct vision, however goes away after thirty minutes to an hour later just as suddenly as it starts. One can only wonder how people reacted in past times before science studied such things, they must have thought they were seeing real ghosts or something superstitious. It only happens though about four times a year to a few times a month and some years go by I don't see the auras, but I don't let them bother me as long as I see my doctors and get regular checkups.
|

replied April 10th, 2014
Oh boy I can tell no one has had any luck finding out if it's got anything to do with an actual detached retina. I just started seeing this white dot out of the corner of my left eye and it goes from top to bottom. When I turned my head to see if something reflected from outside there wasn't anything there. It did it again a few more times while I was watching my TV program. It's been doing it now everyday for the past three weeks. I've been meaning to make an eye appt as soon as I came into some money. I've been getting blurred vision once in awhile too.
|