Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Could I Get Pregnant***urgent***

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I had unprotected sex yesterday with my boyfriend and he pulled out. but i am not totally sure if he pulled out at right time or it was little late. i am not on any birth control pills. its around the the time of month i might be ovulating. i am just confused. could i get pregnant? is plan b pills available at local drug store over the counter now in all the states? i am in michigan.
or can i take birth control pill for next 3 days to prevent pregnancy. i have birth control pills prescribed by a doctor for me . i stopped taking them 4-5 months back since i started gaining weight on them.will taking them now help in prevent pregnancy?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You had unprotected sex around the time of ovulation, of course you could get pregnant.

The "pull out" method is not a reliable form of contraception as semen comes out before ejaculation.

If you don't like your birth control because you gained weight then try another form - you will gain more weight with pregnancy!
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I agree 100% with the previous poster.

Plan B to my knowledge is available over the counter in all 50 states. My local CVS carries them. I also believe that Planned Parenthood will get them for you as well. You should call your local pharmacy and ask if they carry them. Just because it is legal does not mean that they will carry them. I would also call planned parenthood, it may be cheaper if you go through them.

I understand that you were no longer taking your pills because of the adverse weight gain. Did you contact your doctor about your concern? There are many birth control coptions available that mey be more appropriate for you. You should discuss this with your doctor. In the meantime you should be using a condom. I gaurantee they will not cause you to gain weight Wink

Good luck! Keep us posted!
|