Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

I Need Mommy Advice! Update!!!!

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
My daughter hasnt been eating normal since late yesterday evening. She will eat 2-3 oz every 5 or so hours. Totally not her!! I thought maybe its cause we were so busy yesterday with family and that shes tired or that her growth spurt has ended. I was planning on taking her to her doctors this morning just incase she was sick but I got a phone call this morning at 4am from my Ma saying my grandpa past away. He wasnt going to be embombed (sp?) so we just got back from his grave side service. I just tried to call her doctor but they just had closed!!! I just used the bulb on her nose and her bugers are green. I asked my sister about that and her childs doc told her when babies bugers are green that it could mean infection. Shes caughing just a little and sneezing maybe twice an hour. Her nose isnt running tho. Oh I also checked her temp, its was 98.5 so thats in the normal range. She has an appointment on the 5th but Im definantly not waiting to then.

What I need advice on is should I take her to the .E.R or wait till 8am?? Right now its 5pm.

Joey just got throught feeding her 5-6 oz and its been 4 hours since her last feeding. She usually eats 3-4oz every 2-3 hours.

**** update!!

I took her to the er. We didnt even have to wait long. Something inside of me made me feel like i should. She has an ear infection. Sad my poor little girl

Last edited by Amber*Marie on March 29th, 2007 08:15 PM; edited 2 times in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 29th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i'm extremely laid back about things so i would just wait until morning and see how she is. from the sounds of things it doesn't really sound like anything is wrong, she's just eating differently (?), i didn't see a reason to rush her to the .e.r.

but you need to do whatever you feel comfortable with.

i'm really sorry about your grandfather. Sad
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
is she in pain? crying during feedings or anything?
if she is not acting different then i wouldnt worry too much...
|

replied March 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
thanks for your advice ladies!
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Aww poor little lady Crying or Very sad .Kaylee just got over her ear infection, that's good that you listened to your gut & took her to the .E.R..Shows you are a good mommy!
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2007
Supporter
Aww poor lil baba =( I hope she gets better soon. Give her lots of kisses and cuddles!!
|

replied March 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
how old is she?
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
oh man i cant believe i didnt think of that! yeah, sometimes when babies suddenly dont eat, its an ear infection....duh...i dont know where my head was.
|