Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Oily Skin, Ugh!

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I've tried SO many things to keep my face from getting oily and shiny. Does anyone know something else that would stop it??

PLEASE HELP ME, I HATE WHEN MY FACE GETS LIKE THIS
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Sometimes it can be stress etc that causes it, i dont really have a problem with it , i used to , I use that st ives medicated face scrub but the thing is it kinda dries out your skin so i would use a moisturizer like ponds or something. Maybe u can find one with the sacylic (sp) acid in it. to help prevent breakouts.
|

User Profile
replied April 9th, 2007
Experienced User
well i've had oily skin for as long as i can remember & i'm 18 now. i wear makeup pretty much everyday, & the trick that i've been using is actually pretty simple to keep my skin from oiling up throughout the day. after i put my makeup on, i put a little baby powder over my foundation to sorta "set" it. it helps my makeup to stay put & my skin from getting all oily & gross feeling. you don't have to use a bunch of it, & be sure you aren't left with white streaks from not putting it on evenly. it works like a charm for me, & it's healthy for your skin as well.

xoxo
|

replied April 9th, 2007
do you use moisturizer? because sometimes if you don t it causes your skin to be oily.
|

replied April 12th, 2007
Experienced User
well i sometimes use a moisteriser. i always thought that that was what was making my skin that way so i stopped using it(dumb i know). and my face gets so dry i hate it. but i feel like if i use a lotion my face breaks out or will get even more oily.

its so frustrating i'm 19 and i can't figure this out!!
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2007
Experienced User
my skin is the exact same way- but just try the baby powder trick. if you wanted to, put on moisturizer beforehand.
|

replied April 13th, 2007
Experienced User
alright!
that sounds perrrfect!!

will it ever get all messy on my face or anything?
|

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2007
Experienced User
no it won't get messy say if you start to sweat or something. let me know if it helps your oiliness at all!
|

replied May 3rd, 2007
I used to have oily skin but I've found a way to keep it under control and clear up my spots, by using a multivitamin skincare line. I don't think I'm allowed to say more here so if you are interested in finding out more, please send me a private message.

dietcoach
|

replied June 21st, 2011
I am fair-skinned and have always had trouble with dryness plus oily "spots" with breakouts as well. For years I tried many things, but couldn't find something that made my face look good all year long. I read about The Green Tea Cleanser from Made from Earth in an article from a dermatologist and it is wonderful! Washing with it and then using a serum in the morning is the regimen recommendation. It then read to use the Made from Earth Green Tea Toxin Cleanser at night to wash. With this regimen I have had great skin for over a year now!
|

replied April 24th, 2013
i got terrible oily face!!!! what skin routine are u appyling when your just at home???
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied May 14th, 2014
I recommend to you hommade masks for oily skin. Especially with cucumber and lemon. Moreover, you have to remember about diet. People with oily skin should not - for example - eat fatty meats
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2014
Though, the biggest advantage of oily skin is that it ages at a slower rate than other skin types, but it results to face full of pimples.

I recommend you to wash your face twice a day followed by a toner. Besides this, avoid oily food as much as you can.
|

replied June 20th, 2014
Yes, we have to wash our face twice a day.
|
Tags: skin
Quick Reply