Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Can Birth Control Cause Breast Pain?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Im not sure why anyone isnt responding to my question,.....i was just wondering if taking birth control can make your breats sore feeling..ive been taking it for going on 4 weeks its ortho-tri-cyclen lo, and i was wondering if anyone ever had any problems out of it...
thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Birth Control....help!
ashleythompson wrote:
Im not sure why anyone isnt responding to my question,.....i was just wondering if taking birth control can make your breats sore feeling..ive been taking it for going on 4 weeks its ortho-tri-cyclen lo, and i was wondering if anyone ever had any problems out of it...
thanks

I'm sorry, I seem to have missed your original post.

Yes, birth control can certainly affect your breasts at make them sore at various parts of your cycle. I get sore breasts in the last week before the placebo pills. Also, the pills can, for some women, cause breast enlargement and just like during puberty, this can cause pain and soreness.
|

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Any birth control that I have ever been on had caused my breast to enlarge. Some times it was just swelling, sometimes they were actually growing. It can be very uncomfortable at times. Many women have this complaint. It is all up to the individual and your reaction with certain types of birth control. It may go away in a few months...or it may not. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.
|

replied March 27th, 2007
I wish my BC would make my boobs bigger!!
|

replied March 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I took ortho-lo for about 5 months and the first month or so my boobs were sooooo sore. They did get bigger though which was definetly a plus for me!
|

replied January 25th, 2008
Big Boobs
I know that this is bad and everyone says that "you shouldnt use the patch" but i am on the patch and i havent had any problems with it....but i have went up two cup sizes since i have started it and i love the bigger boobs!!!!!!!!
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2008
Experienced User
I am soooo glad that I found this post! I was actually on here looking for anything about sore breasts and birth control. I've been using Ortho Lo for about 6 months and I noticed that my breasts seem a bit larger and there are times when they are sore. I was wondering if it was a common occurance and I guess that it is.
|

replied March 23rd, 2009
time
can it be at any time your taking the pills or just the beginning months
|

replied March 24th, 2009
big boobs
yeah, I heard Birth control increases the size of boobs, now I can confirm without doubt. I started taking Yasmin two weeks ago, and by the second week, I started feeling soreness in my breast, then after a few days, I noticed the size was different. I was equally worried, but now I am convinced it is not abnormal. Welcome to the club gurl!
|

replied April 25th, 2010
I was just getting on the computer to see if i could find anything about sore boobs and birth control ....i have just started ortho tri cyclen and the past couple of days i cant even walk downstairs or jump up and down without breast pain...at first i was like yikes....i was worried that i might be pregnant after just starting birthcontrol but now i am releived to know that it is a normal thing....thank you everyone for the feedback
|

replied May 15th, 2011
sore breast, 3 missed pills, and stress!
i have been on birth control for two months now and my breast have went from a 36 b to a 36 c and even that size is too tight. but im not liking the soreness that comes with it. i have constant chest pain and really dark veins in my breast . is this normal? the pain never goes away. i also missed 3 pills this month and i didnt know to take 2 a day after that so i threw those pills away im scared i could be pregnant but how do i know for sure if im on the pill?
|

replied October 27th, 2011
SORE BOOBS ON BIRTH CONTROL
I HAVE BEEN TAKING BC FOR 3 MONTHS NOW... MIDWAY THREW THE FIRST MONTH MY BOOBS WERE SUPER SORE...ESPECIALY WHEN I WOKE UP.. IT WAS LIKE SOMEONE BEAT UP MY BOOBS AT NIGHT... AFTER THE 2ND MONTH THE SORENESS LET UP.. MY BOOBS ARE A LITTLE BIGGER AND I DID GAIN 2LBS...I DONT THINKS THATS A LOT OF WEIGH... I WENT TO THE DR. SHE SAID IM NORMAL. SO IF YOU GUYS QUESTIONS ABT BC GO TO THE DR...
|

replied February 2nd, 2012
rediculous pain
Im a 34dd i dont want bigger boobs i was blessed with them after my daughter but whatever bc im on im breast hurt like nobodys business sore is a understatement
|
Quick Reply