Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Oh Brother

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
heyyyyy i'm sad and this probably sounds really lame.

i have a little brother and his name is nick, he's almost 16 (we have the same "father")

we used to be close, he'd come stay at my house all the time when we were little and I'd stay with him and we'd play and go to the movies and do all sorts of stuff.. and then him and his family moved away to another town and now for the past few years i hardly talk to him and i've seen him like three times in the last two years.

the last time i talked to him was december when he called and he was telling me about his girlfriend and how they've been together for a year and how much he likes her ect ect. anyway, i never call him because i hate talking on the phone, (poor excuse) and he pointed that out to me how i never call him so i tried to on christmas morning and they didn't answer, they were already gone to his grandmas house and we haven't talked since.

well his mom called me tonight and said that he's grounded because him and his girlfriend went to a dance and he didn't get home til late because her "car broke down" wink wink. yeah we all know how that goes.

this might sound weird but it makes me so sad! like.. that's my little brother lol im sitting here crying!!! (probably because of my stupid period) but that's my little brother, i used to take up for him and yell at people who made him sad and play with him and now i feel like i dont even know him, somebody else knows im more than i do! (good god i do not want to know him in that way) you know what i mean lol

i just feel like a bad sister, i feel like i haven't done the best i can to get to know him more and now i feel like i've missed so much Sad i dont know what to do... god i sound so stupid right now.

what do i do Crying or Very sad i wanna make up for lost time! blah :/ sorry im just venting, i just feel bad, it just made me realize my little brothers growing up and im not even there to see.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I know how you feel. My little brother is 18 almost 19! I cried the day we sent him off to college. He is taller than me by like a foot now and I feel so old next to him. I don't like it when siblings grow up Sad
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
lol me either, i just feel bad because i wasn't there for him and stuff... i feel almost as bad as our dad which makes it even worse.
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2007
Experienced User
unfortunatly we can't make up for lost time but we can make sure to take the time too make that call or send an email or get together some how...i live a few hours from my sister and my best friend but i try too call aleast once a week even if its just too say hello Smile
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yeah Smile once tessa leaves (a very cranky baby that im watching Razz) im going to give him a call!
|

replied March 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
yeah Smile once tessa leaves (a very cranky baby that im watching Razz) im going to give him a call!
bad bad excuse terra! don't use that excuse to not talk! lol if you care enough you'll call,just like you said you would! once you drive more and get out more you can go visit him! Wink
|

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
lol it wasn't a bad excuse, she cried her butt off everytime i put her down or walked out of the room, i doubt he wanted to listen to that Razz she didn't end up leaving til 10:30 tho soooo ya im still a bad sister for now, he's not out of school yet today tho.
|