Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Iud/prometrium

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I went to the doctor for my 6 week check up, I asked about the 5 yr IUD, and they told me that I have to be on my preiod, they gave me Prometrium to make it start since i am breastfeeding. Has anyone had problems with this. Also any problems with an IUD in general? Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I've not heard of an IUD where you need to take some other medication for it to work - both copper and hormonal iud's/ius are effective immediately.

Sorry I can't help
|

replied March 25th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Moo wrote:
I've not heard of an IUD where you need to take some other medication for it to work - both copper and hormonal iud's/ius are effective immediately.

Sorry I can't help

She needed the medication in order to start her period, because she is breastfeeding, and they cannot put in the iud unless she is menstruating.
|

replied March 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ah, now I see LOL
|
Quick Reply