Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

How Do You Feel About Abortion? (Page 1)

Why do you girls think abortion is the right thing to do? Would you really kill a baby.. Your baby? Even if your young, your a woman, and you can handle it.. Please ladies!!! Dont get an abortion whatever you do!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper carvytaph
|

replied August 28th, 2003
Experienced User
Abortion
Mama_bear, I feel the same way, I am totally against abortion. We want to adopt a baby desperately, but we don't have 30-45,000 dollars, and it hurts so bad to hear these girls get on here and talk about it like if they were just taking out the trash. I think if they don't want a baby, then they should keep their legs closed!!!!!!!!!! I was 16 when I had my first and 17 when I had my second, it was hard, but I done it, they are both in high scool now, and are on there way to a bright future, I f these girls only really new what they do to those poor innocent babies then I would hope they would change their minds. I guess we will just have to hope and pray that they will change their minds.

Lisa
|

replied December 4th, 2012
im against it to people should be asshame of themself
|

replied December 22nd, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
I don't believe a woman has anything to be ashamed about for aborting. I've done it and stand by my decisions. Nothing to feel ashamed of Smile
|

~~*~~
I am pregnant, and 16... I cant believe girls would want to get an abortion... Im young and I am happy to be bringing a new life into this world... And I agree, if girls are responsible enough to have sex, then they are responsible enough to take care of a child...

Having a child is a beautiful thing, even if your young.. Believe me!!! Me and my b/f have grown more responsible and respectful since we've found out... We're so excited and happy...

Please think twice about abortion.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2011
Everyone has their own choice and their own opinion. But I wouldn't consider a pregnant teen to be "responsible". To be pregnant at such a young age you would of had to be irresponsible, as to not use a condom, or not be on birth control knowing that there is a chance to become pregnant and does no one think about STD's. A child isn't a toy doll. Babies and Children are a lot of hard work. Teens that become pregnant, most drop out, they say they will get back to it but realistically, it is harder to do so when you have a child. Having a good job at 16, not heard of. Some teens have support from their families, they should be thankful. Other use to government assistance. Your boyfriend/the babies father, is staying by your side, that's great, but sometimes it isn't always like that. I know 9 teen mothers, and only 1 of them, the babies father stayed and they got married. For the other 8, they are single mothers. Only 2 have family support, 4 are on drugs and they drink/party everyday and 2 are going house to house because they don't have a place to live, can't hold a job because of no education and no one to baby sit for free. If someone chooses abortion, it is their choice. My mother had an abortion, and her and my father were married, but they were still in college. She doesn't regret it and I am glad she did because I would have 2 successful parents. I'm not saying money is everything. But honestly love doesn't pay the bills and buys the things babies need. My friends that have aborted, I support them. If I were to become pregnant, even at 19, I would abort. I would rather find out I'm pregnant and be happy, married, educated with a good job, then to see a positive pregnancy test and freak out. Up to 12 weeks it is not a baby, it is a fetus. Out of the teen mothers I know, the 9, 7 are pregnant with number two. The other two are on number 3. Abortion can also save a women's life. Some women could die giving birth and they recommend abortion. To each it is their own choice. Some regret it, some don't.
|

replied December 4th, 2012
i feel the same way mama bear people should be ashame about it and its a ashame how people would do that
|

Pro Choice
I would hope that if you had a friend come to you who was pregnant and asked you what you thought she should do, that you wouldn't push you own thoughts on her. A friend helps a friend come to their own decision no matter what you're own thoughts are. I am 25 and am trying to get pregnant and am having some trouble but if I had a friend ask me what they should do I would help them decide for themselves and support them in any decision they make no matter what. Each person has the right to choose for themselves. What would you do if you were raped? Would you keep the baby?, I bet your thoughts might change a bit. Would you really want to raise the baby of a rapist. If you did, that would totally be your choice. Now a days girls are having sex younger yet not wanting to have a baby, it's just how it is and they have to be respected too for their choices. Exclamation
|

Experienced User
What you choose to do with your own body is your choice but an unborn baby is not your body. It is an individual being who unfortunatelty does not have it's say in what happens to it.
About being raped, yes rape is a horrific thing. But why lower yourself to the level of a brutal rapist and murder your own child? Abortion, like rape is not justifiable. The innocent child should not have to suffer because of the horrific crimes that one of their parents chose to commit. The person who raped you violated you in a way that no should, and by aborting that baby you are doing being no better than any rapist out there.
However please let me make it clear although I have strong views on abortion I do not judge or disrespect those that make the decision to do so. I just wish that they would think twice before ending a beautiful life.
Tanya
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2011
Experienced User
"But why lower yourself to the level of a brutal rapist and murder your own child? Abortion, like rape is not justifiable."

You cannot compare rape and murder to an abortion. Abortion is legal for obvious reasons. Rape and murder are ILLEGAL for OBVIOUS reasons.

"but an unborn baby is not your body"

Yes, it is. The baby is INSIDE the woman's body, feeding off of the woman, unless you believe the baby just floats around in the air?
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2011
I'm a rape survivor and so thankful I didn't get pregnant nor an STD. If I had become pregnant, I would of had an abortion the same day! I wouldn't wait at all. Think Twice? I could think a million times and I'd have the same answer, Abortion. Carrying my rapists seed, I would feel like I am being raped all over for 9 long months. Its worse enough I have scars. Flash backs every day. To think I could of had a child from him, Makes me sick. Some women also need to have an abortion because they could die. Should those women just die and not be allowed to have an abortion?
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2012
Pro-choice
The fetus is NOT an individual. It is simply cells. Cells which are attached to a cord which is attached to the woman; therefore, making the fetus a part of the woman. And being a part of the woman, if she so chooses to remove those cells of HER body, then fine. It's her choice.
|

replied August 29th, 2003
Experienced User
Abortion is not always a right thing to do for a woman due to lots of reasons, including health, but it is always not a wrong thing to do for some women.

The actual abortion is not something i;d like to choose, but I am not against it. I believe it's a woman's choice, if we are again a basic choice of a woman's body, its like taking away our freedom of speech, coz arguements can say that freedom of speech cause conflicts...Etc...

So whether or not we like to have abortion, I think it's our choice, no body else's. True that an unborn is still a living thing, but there are lots of living babies out there that dont have parents, even those who do, their parents might be too poor to even give them the essentials, or they are suffering from lack of education, lack of love, ...Etc.... It's not that easy to raise a child.

Some might say its not difficult coz in america, we have lots of organizations or programs that will help single moms, or their families and friends can help, but have we thought about other countries? What about countries that dont have these rights? These previlages? Then taking their right to abort their child is like creating suffering, creating more hunger, more poverty.

I think if a woman is financially, emotionally, and physically ready for a child, good, then have the child, but if she is not, it's such a hard thing to do...
|

Abortion
Wow, what a subject. It's a very touchy one, especially if you've considered all other options. I have to say that I particularily am not for abortion, however, I have considered the whole "being raped thing" too.
If I were raped, what would I do and would I want to raise the child up knowing that some day I would have to explain that the only reason he or she is here, is because of a rapist. Hmmm. That's a tough thing to think about. On a lighter note, I am happily 23 wks pg, and would not ever want to kill my baby or any baby for any reason. This subject should be taken very seriously and all listeners and advice givers should really just be open minded when it comes to the abortion because of the "rape" issue.
As for all of you girls out there who just are having abortions because you just screwed up, well, you should be ashamed of yourelf. Enough said.

Beth edd 12-25-03
|

Experienced User
Rapist Pregnancy
There is a study indicating that two consenting and fertile adults have only a 3 percent chance of pregnancy from an act of intercourse. Furthermore, since conception doesn't occur immediately after intercourse, pregnancy can be prevented in nearly all rape cases by medical treatment that removes the semen before an ovum can be fertilized.

One woman says, "when a woman exercises her right to control her own body in total disregard of the body of another human being, it is called an abortion. When a man acts out the same philosophy, it is called rape."

there is a close parallel between the violent attack on an innocent woman that happens in a rape and the violent attack on a innocent child that happens in an abortion. Both are done in response to a subjective and misguided sense of need, and both are done at the expense of an innocent person. The woman might not hate her child the way the rapist might hate his victim, but this is no consolation to the child. Regardless of the motives or disposition of his mother, he is just as brutally killed.

The violence of abortion is no solution to the violence of rape. The killing of the innocent by abortionis no solution to the hurting of the innocent by rape.

What is hard about this case is not whether an innocent child deserves to die for what his father did. What is hard is that an innocent woman has to take on childbearing and poosibly mothering--if she decides to keep the child rather than choose adoption--for which she was not willing or ready. This is a very hard situation, calling for family, friends to do all they can to support her. But the fact remains that none of this is the fault of the child.

Rape is so horrible that we easily transfer our horror to the wrong object. We must not impose the ugliness of rape or incest upon either the innocent woman or the innocent child. The woman is not "spoiled goods"--she is not goods at all, but a precious human being with value an dignity that not even the vilest act can take from her. Likewise, the child is not a cancer to be removed, but a living human being. By all means, let's punish the rapist. But let's not punish the wrong person by inflicting upon the innocent child our rage against the rapist.
|

Experienced User
I am strongly against it.
|

Experienced User
It's a Personal Choice
Wow..This is one hot topic in here. Abortion is a personal choice, so no one has the right to tell an individual they should or should not go through with it. If someone is against abortion, then they themselves will chose to not to have one if the situation arose. But, conversley, if an individual does believe in women's rights, and pro-choice, then that individual can make the decision themselves.

There is only one thing about this topic that drives me crazy...It's when other people start telling/preaching their beliefs, and only accepting their own beliefs as total truths. If someone is against abortion, thats great. If someone is for it, that is great too. I just don't want someone telling me how I am supposed to think. I have my own beliefs, and I respect differing beliefs held by others, I just don't want someone trying to convince me, or tell me that my beliefs are wrong. Believe me, among my friends, we all have very different views on this topic, but none of us are judgemental or confrontational towards each other when we share our beliefs.

This is probably my last post today, so I hope everyone has an awesome long weekend (if any of you have the labour day weekend). Smile

cheers Cool
|

replied August 30th, 2003
Experienced User
Blu_eyes00: concerning someone stating their beliefs; is it trully considered a belief if you don't believe it as a total truth?

Last time I read the forum topic it said..."how do you feel about abortion?" this is a free website and we are free to answer her question. She asks, we tell.

As for everyone else...I respect all decisions and opinions. After all, what would make the world if we were all the same and agreed on everything? If someone is in question about how they feel and they don't want people to share, don't ask "how do you feel about ______?" to me that opens all doors. I like topics that make you think about what you trully believe. I like to read other people's posts including my own input.
|

replied August 31st, 2003
Carvytaph
You have the right to speak your opinion. I don't think you were forcing your beliefs on anyone.

Maybe all the rest of you should think about what carvytaph is saying. I agree with her. She was not demanding that you agree with her. Why is standing for what is right considered forcing your beliefs on someone. What is right and moral should be looked upon greatfully, not slandered. Our country has down-slidden since the beginning of time. Abortion used to be looked on as murder why should the bottom line (the fact that it's murder) be changed now? There is no reason for terminating ones life to satisfy or justify another.

She has just as much of a right to state what she feels as you opposing her.
|

replied August 31st, 2003
Experienced User
I agree 100% with everything carvytaph has said
|

replied September 1st, 2003
Abortion
I am a christain lady, and I think I have the right to voice my opinion on abortion. I think abortion is murder. That is a human life growing inside a woman, no matter what stage of growth it's in. Some say it's ok to abort while it is in the earlier stages but to me it's still murder. That is a baby and it has a heartbeat. I am totally against abortion. Just think, what if your mother had aborted you when you was growing inside her body? You wouldn't be here today. If one is considering abortion, think it over carefully, and consider the consequences of the sadness and remorse you would have after having the abortion. You will always wonder what that little one would look and what kind of personality it would have , what color of eyes, hair, etc, and you would have to live with guilt the rest of your life. That's my opinion of abortion. I know there are cold hearted people out there that could have an abortion or even throw a newborn baby in a trash can after it's born, but to me, they are very selfish individuals who have no reguard for themselves or anyone else. If they can abort a baby, they already have been given over to a reprobate mind that the bible talks about. They will have to face god one day, and he will say to them, depart for I never knew you.
|

replied September 2nd, 2003
Im not talkin about girls that are raped! Lol im saying that girls who have sex, then decide to get an abortion... And yes, a baby is apart of you, for whoever said that... That is your child that you have made... I know that there are certain reasons why people get an abortion, but people talk about getting an abortion like their gettin rid of an old toy... There are people that have misscarriages, they lose their child, that they love, and then their are girls who decide to just kill their child... Its sad, and wrong... Unless you have been raped, or finding out that having a child could kill you, which isnt likely... Im sorry but I just think its wrong... Im only 15-16 weeks pregnant, and I love my unborn child with all my heart, it has been apart of me for 3 months... I could never think of hurting my baby...
Sorry if you think my opinion is wrong...
|

replied September 3rd, 2003
Experienced User
a Part of You
Your baby being a part of you/your life is one thing, but it's not an "organ in your body" a part of you. It has seperate gna, seperate heartbeat, if it's a boy, it has a penis and that's not a part of you. You would, with the baby, have two hearts, two lungs, two mouths, two noses, etc. Meaning there are extra body parts, which were not originally yours. Hmmm...Guess that means there_is_a seperate human being growing inside of me. "let's just kill it because it's a part of my body, 'cuz that makes sense."(sounding sarcastic)

the only reason that I posted a message on rape pregnancy was because someone mentioned it. Which I am still against aborting a child in that scenerio.
|

Experienced User
Putting Your Life First
Here's an exerpt from a magazine I read the other day:

"being pregnant and deciding to have the abortion was a huge eyeopener. This may sound strange, but I felt like I knew the being I was carrying. I felt he was my son. I even called him ernesto. And ernesto was my reminder that my life was significant and that having an abortion was putting my life first. I know it was really about me, about promising myself that now I get to be super thoughtful about my life, super intentional--and that's what the last five years since the abortion have been about."

what the hell?? (sorry for being so blunt!!) Sad

_putting your life first, huh????_ is that what you call it now? I would not be greatful about that. She was being very selfish and uncaring. It should not have been really about her, but the innocent child. She actually said she_felt_ like he was her son!! He was her son!! She even said she felt she knew him...Then why kill him?

I heard one woman say, "i am doing a loving act. I love this child, but I can't have it right now." what???? You will_never_have it. Once you kill it, she's gone. How can that be loving? Last time I checked loving someone involved sacrafice. Sacraficing your life for your baby's.

Don't kill your baby! At least give it up for adoption.
|

Experienced User
Carveytaph
I definately agree with you carvey, 100%, keep up the good work.

Lhileman :d
|

Experienced User
I don't think this site is the appropriate place to pass judgement on others. People are here seeking help and encouragement during a very emotional, scary time for them. We have no clue as to what is going on in their lives.

Being harsh and "holier than thou" will not help them through their decision process. Maybe they don't have a family they can turn to. Why not direct these girls to organizations that can help them? If you don't know of any, maybe you can do some research yourself to provide an option to them before you condemn them for their feelings.

I have my beliefs, but pushing my beliefs down someone's throat is no way to sway their decisions.

Libby
|

Experienced User
You are exactly right, libby!! They don't have anyone else to turn to that's why they turn to us. We can objectively discuss, tell feelings, and advise without hurting them. We don't know their situation and sometimes that's better. We can see things more openly and neutrally. I was trying to help not hinder. Why shouldn't we stand for what's right?

I believe abortion is murder, which is against the law!!!

I am not "holier than thou." I have my own problems, trust me...But if I can help someone make a good decision, avoid all the anguish, regret, guilt, and tragedy so that they might not hate themselves for the rest of their lives, I am going to try my best!!

I have repeated on here time and time again....This is an open website, which means we have the right and freedom to share what we will. Everyone that visits this website/forum for that matter, has the freedom to read or to ignore. If they don't like what someone said then don't agree. I am not jamming it down someone's throat. They can take it or leave it. It is that simple. I am not telling you to go jump off a bridge. If I were doing that, I would be the one that needed help. Rather I am trying to save innocent lives here.

As far as passing judgment...I wasn't talking to any girl specifically. Sometimes the best advice is from another caring person, not some professional organization that is just seeking your money. A lot don't consider you as a person, but as money walking in the door.

I was using the magazine article as an example not to be judged. The article is open for everyone to read...It just pertained to what we are talking about.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul