Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

I Poop Once a Week Or Two.

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Is there something wrong with me? I never knew how much i pooped until I started counting... Is this bad? I seem to be fine, no constipation and dont notice any symptoms. I found out average was to poo once a day, I was pretty shocked when I heard this... I am even bulking right now with an excellent diet, even before I started bulking I still pooped about once a week.

I get plenty of fibers, vegetables and protein. In fact i seem to have fibers, protein and calcium almost in every meal.

I am also a very active person, I play lots of basketball and do running almost everyday. I'm very worried and help will be appreciated...

Thank YOU
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 24th, 2007
bump
|

replied March 24th, 2007
Help? Sad
|

replied March 26th, 2007
Experienced User
No it's not normal and from my experience the oxy powder worked wonders(check out the thread)..........................about 40 CAN a bottle......................at least check out their web site...............worse comes to worse you'll be out 40 bucks.....................you've done all the right things.................it's just some of us need a little help..................it'll allow you to go everyday and when you figure out the right(individual) dosage for you they will be normal well formed BMs Smile
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
hey i got a question? is it normal to eat once a day if even that. cause i only eat like once a day but i can go 2 or 3 days without food. but i drink like a race horse. and i only go poop once a week. is that good or bad?
|

replied December 20th, 2009
girlfriend can't poop
my girlfriend poops once every 2 weeks...she is constantly trying to poop but can't...she eats a lot of fiber...but nothing...the poor thing can't poop Sad
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2010
Do you have a high metabolism?
|

replied October 5th, 2011
no poop for almost 2 weeks
I have no poop for almost 2 weeks, it was like watering at last time which it often likes that. should i worry about colon cancer ? start pinic now. thanks.
|

replied October 29th, 2012
Constipation? Missing Periods?
I usually poo once a day or once every two days but I haven't pooped for a week now. I am getting worried, because I eat a healthy diet and am active. Also, I don't feel like I need to poo.
I am a little more worried because I have missed my periods for two months now...
Help me! Sad
|

replied March 21st, 2013
The 10 day pooper
I didnt see anything really helpful here. I am the same way as the original post. I eat normally drink alot of water and other liquids. I literally go about once every 10 days. I didnt realize it wasnt normal. I start feeling a bit fluffy or bloated around my meni cycle so will often take a laxative around that time. What does one do to train the body to go more? Should I be concerned? No body else seems to be?
|

replied April 14th, 2014
Hi. I have the same problem. I eat about 3 times a day full meal. I poop every 5 days or so.. when i poop its like i only ate 1 meal. Im not fat. And im active ... when i go on the weight meter it varies only 1kg diferrnt... is it normal?
|