Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Work Outs

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
Hello everyone my name is alexander im 16 and i decided to start working out. Im not looking for a bodybuilder work out im more in search of a basic workout that will help lose some weight and get a flat core with a bit muscular arms. So if any1 could help me i would greatly appreciate it. Im thinking in the looks of situps and push ups but dont know how much to do.
P.S. do push ups have the same benfits as bench pressing
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
well the two are pretty similar, however the benefit with the bench press is that you can alter the weights to make it more heavier. Once you become stronger you can modify push ups to make them harder.

You should buy a pair of dumbells, you can do a lot of things with them Very Happy
|
Did you find this post helpful?