Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Ovulation After Miscarriage

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
User Profile
I have a quick question guys. You all know that I had a very early miscarriage. I was only right at four weeks along. My doc says there is no need to not try this cycle since my body almost feels as if it was not even pregnant. My hcg was already less than one on my second day of miscarrying, so it was almost like a chemical pregnancy i guess. I don't know. Anyways, I took an opk just for jollies today and it was very close to being positive. It is usually only this dark when I am about to get a positive opk. I don't know if I said that right but is this normal? I know arcadia said that she got pregnant two weeks after her miscarriage but did she mean she conceived two weeks later or that she found out two weeks later? Hopefully, you guys can decipher what I mean and maybe give me some help. Thanks so much everyone!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I would bd tonight, if you're feeling up to it. Tonight, maybe tomorrow, and definitely the next day.
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oh, don't worry! We already bd'd tonight. I put on a little something sexy and seduced dh. He was like, yeah, that's what I'm talking bout. Yeah, we have been a little stressed out about all of this so I am trying to take the stress out of it and make things more romantic like they used to be. Dh is def liking that idea so far. Bad thing about bd'ing tonight is that I started spotting a little afterwards. I know I don't have any hcg left in my system to pick up on the opk but I just found it wierd that it was so dark tonight.
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Dunno, hon... Kristina (arcadia) got pregnant 2 weeks (I think, don't quote me) after her miscarriage. It's possible your cycle is out of whack with everything else going on in your body. Maybe you're ovulating now. Shocked

yay for seducing your dh Laughing
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with opk and what hormone they measure. I do know that you are most fertile right after a miscarriage and after giving birth. I guess the real point of this post is that I wish you luck. I am unsure if you are religious. However, I firmly believe that God has a plan in store for everyone. If it is his will for you to conceive immediately than it will be. ( mind you, you and your dh have a little something to do with it Wink ) I also wanted to say that I am so impressed with how well you are handling this situation. You are a much stronger person than I and I commend you for it. Have lots of fun bding Wink ( I get all my little "something special" from ebay Wink just a hint )
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ooh...I never thought of that. I still have my moments so don't think I am as strong as you think. I just watched Scrubs and it was the episode where Carla found out she was pregnant. I started crying during that. I do believe that God has a plan for everyone and I know that He is ready for me to be a mother. I just believe that he wanted me to go through this for a reason. Maybe it's so I can sympathize with those that have been through/are going through the situation. Maybe, it's simply to make me a stronger person in general. Whatever the reason may be, there a lot worse things that could happen than losing a pregnancy at four weeks. I am just so glad I wasn't farther along. I know that it's not hard at any stage but a lot of prayer and comfort from my husband have brought me to this point.
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I am very happy that you have a supportive husband. I truly 100% believe that this is the key to how anyone can handle such a tough situation. It is very good to know that you have chosen such a wonderful man (though I am sure not always Wink Laughing ) to bring a child in to this world with.

Even though I am sure it will not make you feel any better, I hope it will help you not fell alone. I read some amazing stat that something like 70% of women have early miscarriages such as yours. Many women just mistake it for being a day or two late. I know that you wanted a child very much. But suffering though what you have just experienced will just make you all the more thankful when it does happen. That is the silver lining that I can see at this time. Hopefully, a better one appears. You and your dh are in my and my moms prayers.

By the way, did they say if your cysts could have played a roll in the hormone problem?
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Your right about the stats on early miscarriage. My doc said something about that too. He hasn't said much about the cysts either since they seemed to clear up. I am going to see him on april 2 though to ask him a lot of these questions but hopefully this cycle ends in a bfp as well. This will be cycle #5.
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
My fingers are crossed for you! There are quite a few of us that think April will be our month...so you wont be alone with that bfp Laughing

~sticky baby dust~
|

replied March 29th, 2007
Miscarriage (early)
Hello everyone.....I am new here. I just had a miscarriage after only about 6 weeks. It was heartbreaking. We have been trying for over a year and I am anxious to try again. Any suggestions? Is it too soon to try again? How will I know when I am ovulating and do those kits really work? Please help!! Thanks!! Confused
|

replied March 30th, 2007
Re: Miscarriage (early)
I just miscarried this past week (in the emergency room on Wednesday) and I was just shy of 6 weeks. Needless to say, my husband, son and I were completely devastated. It was our first pregnancy is almost 10 years. We went to the doctors yesterday and she said once I finish bleeding we can start right away. She even confirmed that last week she had 2 patients who got pregnant right after the miscarriage. I am anxiously awaiting the bleeding to finish, the cramps subsided last night finally. I didn't think anything would come of this miscarriage until I went and saw my doctor yesterday, which was suppose to be my first prenatal visit. It was difficult seeing all these pregnant women at the doctors office, but my husband kept reassuring me that it will be soon.
|

replied March 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Wow,
I don't know how I missed this one, but oh well, better late than never.
MG I wish you all the best in ttc this month. I have heard that many people to conceive right after miscarrying. That's cool that you seduced dh. I did that last month, and he was like "damn- where did that come from" LOL
Hope everything woeks out for you and you get your bfp again!!!
|

replied March 30th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
How are you doing now mg? How many days DPO are you? I hope those people you work with have stopped being so insensitive.
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2007
Experienced User
Hello
I have been busy for a while, so I just saw this posting. MG, I have a friend who got pregnant 2 weeks after her m/c. She concieved 2 weeks after her m/c and has a healthy 3 year old. So, way to go with your attitude and strength. Remember that it is ok to cry a little and moarn too sometimes. Hope April to be a good month for all of us. I should be ovulating sometime next week.
|