Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Third Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

30 Weeks

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi everyone, I am 30 1/2 weeks pregnant. I feel like I did at 39 weeks with my daughter. I feel huge and dont think I can get any bigger than I am right now. I'm so anxios to have this baby. I cant sleep or really think about anything else. I guess it might be because I dont know what i'm having and I want to find out so badly. Has anyone had any babies over 8 pounds? I just wanted to know for the fun of it. Was it a hard labor?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi latoya,

i'm 27 weeks pregnant and expecting a little boy. I also had a daughter 14 years ago, and she was 9 pound. But in all honesty, it was a really easy pregnancy, and very easy labour. I mean I was in labour 14 hours, but the actual delivery was very quick and easy. I didn't tear at all. I tried very hard to concentrate on relaxation and being really calm through the whole thing. I truly believe that is why I didn't have as much trouble, because the muscles in my body were so relaxed at the time. I had pethadine and oxygen. I don't think they use pethadine anymore they use something else. That is all I am having again with this bubby, i'm opting out of epidurals, heard too many nasty stories about it and just not prepared to take the risk. I hope that all goes well for you, and you have a problem free delivery.

Good luck...
Ps. You'll be fine !!
|

replied February 19th, 2004
Experienced User
Thanks, I not scared of the delivery because I have a daughter already and her labor and delivery were fine. I had not complications and no stitches or tears. I just wish I knew what I was having so I wouldn't have to worry about buying boy things for a girl ya know? That is my biggest concern.
|

replied February 20th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
That is exactly the same issue we went through aswell earlier on. We decided to find out the sex at our last ultrasound appointment so that we could start buying the baby stuff early. I sew a lot, so I really didn't want to wasting time sewing dresses, when I really needed to be sewing boys stuff. I guess you've probably already had all your ultrasounds by now, so it's too late to ask what your having. Maybe you could start off buying all the essentials, like nappies, bottles, etc etc. Maybe if you buy some clothes to start off with that suit both sexes, like white or yellow things. All new borns need little jumpsuits for the first couple of months. Maybe that will give you a chance to buy some more of the things he/she will need after that.

Anyway, good luck, and let us know what you have.
Ps. Are you hoping for a boy or girl ??
|

replied February 20th, 2004
Experienced User
Doesn't Matter
Thanks for the advice. I already picked out some unisex clothes. My boyfriend hopes for a boy because he already has two daughters. It doesnt matter to me, I have so much fun with my daughter and I wouldn't mind having another girl. As long as the baby is healthy I couldn't care less. Everyone keeps telling me its a boy. Even people I dont know say it s a boy. I feel it will be a boy too. Oh well, I guess he will get his wish. He would do so well with a son because he is too rough with my daughter and her sister. He likes to swing them around and wrestle with them but surprisingly they love it to death. I only have about 9 weeks left so I will let everyone know what happens.

Thanks so much

latoya
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I'm 31.4 weeks and I feel huge but im actually tiny.
|

replied November 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
38.5 wks, how much longer?!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile