Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Can Yeast Infection Prevent Pregnancy?

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
Can a yeast infection prevent you from becoming pregnant and/or keeping the baby?

And does anyone know how men are treatd for a yeast infection?I know they have to go to the doctor,but what does the doctor do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yeast infections cannot harm your chances of getting pregnant. There are some people that say if you have the infection for a long period of time without it being treated it can cause problems, but I have had reocurring thrush on and off for 2years (I have had blood tests and things done but they always came back normal) anyway I used to wonder whether that was why I had so much trouble ttc. My doctor assured me this is extremely rare and highly unlikely to cause infertility.

It is very common to get yeast infections while you are pregnant because of increase in hormones and bacteria. I have had it twice during this pregnancy (but this is not unusual for me anyways) It cant do any harm to a unborn baby but should be treated more carefully! best thing to do is to get meds from a doctor. But whatever you do dont take oral meds to get rid of it and be careful with other internal kinds...because of the applicator...obvious dangers!

Because I have suffered so much with it (yes thrush is hell!!) we have been through all the best ways of avoiding it. This includes treating my partner just in case he was the reason I was getting so much, my doctor didnt feel the need to test him for it. He was just given some cream (same kind that is used to help irration in womens external thrush) He had to rub it on the head of his willy 3 times a day for 2 weeks!

wow I didnt mean for this post to end up so long!! Sadly it seems I have become an expert on yeast infections! lol how embarassing!! Embarassed
|

replied October 16th, 2011
confused
i dont know if my case is also similar to yours,thrust is also very painful but after the whole thing,can it be yeast infection too?
|

replied October 16th, 2011
confused
i dont know if my case is also similar to yours,thrust is also very painful but after the whole thing,can it be yeast infection too?
|

replied March 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Jolie_3110 wrote:
Yeast infections cannot harm your chances of getting pregnant. There are some people that say if you have the infection for a long period of time without it being treated it can cause problems, but I have had reocurring thrush on and off for 2years (I have had blood tests and things done but they always came back normal) anyway I used to wonder whether that was why I had so much trouble ttc. My doctor assured me this is extremely rare and highly unlikely to cause infertility.

It is very common to get yeast infections while you are pregnant because of increase in hormones and bacteria. I have had it twice during this pregnancy (but this is not unusual for me anyways) It cant do any harm to a unborn baby but should be treated more carefully! best thing to do is to get meds from a doctor. But whatever you do dont take oral meds to get rid of it and be careful with other internal kinds...because of the applicator...obvious dangers!

Because I have suffered so much with it (yes thrush is hell!!) we have been through all the best ways of avoiding it. This includes treating my partner just in case he was the reason I was getting so much, my doctor didnt feel the need to test him for it. He was just given some cream (same kind that is used to help irration in womens external thrush) He had to rub it on the head of his willy 3 times a day for 2 weeks!

wow I didnt mean for this post to end up so long!! Sadly it seems I have become an expert on yeast infections! lol how embarassing!! Embarassed
so guys use the same creme as women only they have to rub it on their penis tip?thats it?I firgured they would have to take a pill or something.does it have to be from a doctor or can we use the one from the store?I have one at the moment so i'm sure he got it too....thank you for replying!
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
well, what cream did you get? sometimes you can buy the cream just for internal use.

I dont know if its the same over there but here you can get a pill to take orally (as long as your not pregnant) which comes with some cream just to ease irration while the pill starts to work. This is the same cream given to men to treat the infection so to be on the safe side just get him to use abit if your worried Smile
|

replied March 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Jolie_3110 wrote:
well, what cream did you get? sometimes you can buy the cream just for internal use.

I dont know if its the same over there but here you can get a pill to take orally (as long as your not pregnant) which comes with some cream just to ease irration while the pill starts to work. This is the same cream given to men to treat the infection so to be on the safe side just get him to use abit if your worried Smile
I haven't gotten any yet.I have to wait til tomorrow when I get paid.I'm gonna get some from the drug store and since its the same cream men can use i'll buy extra so I can make sure we aren't passing it back and forth! thank you soooo much!
|

replied March 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:
Jolie_3110 wrote:

I haven't gotten any yet.I have to wait til tomorrow when I get paid.I'm gonna get some from the drug store and since its the same cream men can use i'll buy extra so I can make sure we aren't passing it back and forth! thank you soooo much!

[passing it back and forth sucks.....or so i am told...i hvne't had one.
|

replied March 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Sunflower_pie81 wrote:
~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:
Jolie_3110 wrote:

[passing it back and forth sucks.....or so i am told...i hvne't had one.
my mom gets them all the time.she said it was in our genetics or soem sh*t like that.I think when I ad it before I wans't aware and gave it to the other person cause i got treated but then we had sex and it came back.damn it! Evil or Very Mad he's gonna use the creme!!!!!
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
believe me, having it time and time again is horrible!!! Make that man use the cream!!!!!!!

My doctors given up on me Sad he doesnt understand why I keep getting it, I have benn tested for everything and I prevent it everyway possible!! Nothing seems to work. Someone told me acidophillus (sp?) capsules might help but dont want to take them while I am pregnant (dont know whether they can cause any harm or not) but as soon as the sprogs popped I am trying that!!!!
|

replied March 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Jolie_3110 wrote:
believe me, having it time and time again is horrible!!! Make that man use the cream!!!!!!!

My doctors given up on me Sad he doesnt understand why I keep getting it, I have benn tested for everything and I prevent it everyway possible!! Nothing seems to work. Someone told me acidophillus (sp?) capsules might help but dont want to take them while I am pregnant (dont know whether they can cause any harm or not) but as soon as the sprogs popped I am trying that!!!!
its just like my mom.the doc can't find anytyhing wrong,she is just prone to getting them.I don't think I am,I think I just passed it and I keep getting it that way.I am hating it right now!!!
|

replied March 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Can Yeast Infection Prevent Pregnancy?
~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:
Can a yeast infection prevent you from becoming pregnant and/or keeping the baby?

something you want to share with us?

Shocked
|

replied March 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Can Yeast Infection Prevent Pregnancy?
IHeartMyBostonTerrier wrote:
~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:

something you want to share with us?

Shocked
no nothing! lol I just have one right now and I have to wait to get meds cause I don't have money and don't get paid til tomorrow.I think i've had it for about a week and I was oly wondering if it can prevent pregnancy int he futureI suppose I should have worded it better huh? Laughing sorry!
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
My dh and I passed it back and forth for a long time. It was horrible. I wouldn't say that it prevented me from getting pregnant but I had one almost continually for about ten months (the whole time I was ttc) and as soon as I got it all the way cleared and so did Dan I got pregnant the next month. I think it was just coincidence though. I don't think that the infection affected my fertility.
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:
Jolie_3110 wrote:

its just like my mom.the doc can't find anytyhing wrong,she is just prone to getting them.I don't think I am,I think I just passed it and I keep getting it that way.I am hating it right now!!!

well if your mom finds a cure let me know what it is!!! lol Smile
|

replied September 19th, 2008
Yeast infections
Don't know if anyone checks this or not but you should go to a nutritionalist. The doctors just give meds to um i guess cover it up for the time being. Yeast is something we need to cure in the whole body. You have to really watch your diet and take probiotics. I have had horrible yeast infections for years. I went to the nutritionalist and I promise it does work. Takes time and you really have to follow the diet. I took probiotics and Candex. Don't know how much the Candex had to do with it but definetely probiotics. I have also done a parasite cleanse as this can cause problems too. Well I hope this helps someone.
|

replied May 10th, 2013
Yeast infections
Interesting ... How do I purse that same cleanse I think I need it
|

replied November 19th, 2013
i have yeast infection i do a pregnancy test two time it shows that i
am am not pregnancy but i am what is the cause off that
|