Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

There Is Hope

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I posted on this site at a time when I was having the worst,pain level 10 from double herniated disc at l4-l5. I suffered for 3 weeks 24/7 with no medication (Morphine) giving me relief. I saw an orthopedic spine surgeon and he scheduled me for a laminetctomy and fusion for 3/20. I have been 95% pain free for 3 days and spoke to the surgeon this morning and we both decided that surgery does not have to happen and it was cancelled. How I did it...had an epidural 2 weeks ago with a Doctor that knew exactly where to put the medication. At this point I started on a regiment of stretches and strength exxercises ( Americanspine.com) shows the right stretches and excercises. I have also been off my feet and not working..the rest,injection and most impt. the excercises gave me my sanity back. So all of you out here who are suffering left leg pain,sciata, cramping,etc,etc.,there is hope. I was so close to surgery and from what I have heard and read...it would have been the beginning of a lifelong nightmare.
Did you find this post helpful?
|