Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Tissue Hanging Outside the Vagina?? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
WHen i was going to the bathroom earlier i noticed when i wiped what looks like part of the vaginal wall hanging outside the vagina like in the back towards the rectum, prob about the size of a dime or so. What is this? Just wondering , i was looking info up and came up on something about a prolapse, but the symptoms dont make much sense to me. man i swear im falling apart this weekend.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper checkinguout
|

replied March 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Tissue Hanging Outside the Vagina??
tinkinpink84 wrote:
WHen i was going to the bathroom earlier i noticed when i wiped what looks like part of the vaginal wall hanging outside the vagina like in the back towards the rectum, prob about the size of a dime or so. What is this? Just wondering , i was looking info up and came up on something about a prolapse, but the symptoms dont make much sense to me. man i swear im falling apart this weekend.

It's probably not your vagina, it's probably your inner labia. The inner and outer labia often hang very low "outside" the body, and not always evenly. Only you will be able to tell if this flesh is part of your inner labia, but feel around and you may be surprised.
|

replied April 1st, 2011
Flesh from the vagina
There are 3 types of prolapse from the vagina.

Cystocel,Rectocel and Uterus prolapse.

Cystocel is bladder prolapse early stage looks like a small tongue visible at the vagina' frontal area.

Rectocel is a rectum prolapse protruding the vagina' from the rear area.

So determine whether the bulge protruding is from (the front rear or above).

The worse IMO uterus prolapse, try Google pics.

Early stage bladder prolapse can be successfully treated with a round silicon pessary ring and the same for other prolapses.
|

replied April 1st, 2011
Flesh from the vagina

Cystocel is bladder prolapse early stage looks like a small tongue visible at the vagina' frontal area.

Early stage bladder prolapse can be successfully treated with a round silicon pessary ring and the same for other prolapses.
|

replied April 1st, 2011
Flesh from the vagina

|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
it doesnt look like part of my labia. it was weird, i looked again and it went like back up, but it sounds similar to a prolapse a minor one that prob doesnt need medical attention or the other thing that came up when i searched it. my hubby noticed it when i was pregnant too, like it isnt always there all the time. he freaked me otu he was lookin and got a Shocked look on his face like what and im like WHAT, i never noticed it myself when pregnant, cant see that far over a preggo belly, but eh i noticed it today.
|

replied January 5th, 2009
Tissue Hanging Outside the Vagina??
I noticed the same thing today and I could only come across the same as you...prolapesed bladder. I have no pain either. Is yours flesshy and kinda bumpy but soft? I want to find out what it is.....I was wondering about scar tissue as Ive had 3 babys, But Ive never noticed it before!
|

replied January 7th, 2009
i have the same thing, noticed it yesterday. think it may be scar tissue, either post baby or from the rampant sex i have been haiving lately! bit worrying though, doc appointment booked for monday x
|

replied April 18th, 2009
I have the same thing which is like a string but thicker and fleshy and pink. It doesn;t have any feeling because when i squeeze it, it doesnt hurt. I got it when i lost my virginity. Please let me know what your doctor said.!!
|

replied April 18th, 2009
sarah i have the smaeeee exact that as you and i am freaking out!! i am five months pregnant what does this mean??
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2009
Supporter
Sounds like vaginal or uterus prolapse
The network of muscles, ligaments, and skin in and around a woman's vagina acts as a complex support structure that holds pelvic organs, tissues, and structures in place. This support network includes the skin and muscles of the vagina walls (a network of tissues called the fascia). Various parts of this support system may eventually weaken or break, causing a common condition called vaginal prolapse.

A vaginal prolapse is a condition in which structures such as the uterus, rectum, bladder, urethra, small bowel, or the vagina itself may begin to prolapse, or fall, out of their normal positions. Without medical treatment or surgery, these structures may eventually prolapse farther and farther into the vagina or even through the vaginal opening if their supports weaken enough.
There are several different tuypes of vaginal prolapse:

•Enterocele (herniated small bowel) - The weakening of the upper vaginal supports can cause this type of vaginal prolapse. This condition primarily occurs following a hysterectomy. An enterocele results when the front and back walls of the vagina separate, allowing the intestines to push against the vaginal skin.

•Prolapsed uterus (womb) - This involves a weakening of a group of ligaments called the uterosacral ligaments at the top of the vagina. This causes the uterus to fall, which commonly causes both the front and back walls of the vagina to weaken as well. The following are stages of uterine prolapse:

◦First-degree prolapse: The uterus droops into the upper portion of the vagina.

◦Second-degree prolapse: The uterus falls into the lower part of the vagina.

◦Third-degree prolapse: The cervix, which is located at the bottom of the uterus, sags to the vaginal opening and may protrude outside the body. This condition is also called procidentia, or complete prolapse.

◦Fourth-degree prolapse: The entire uterus protrudes entirely outside the vagina. This condition is also called procidentia, or complete prolapse.

•Vaginal vault prolapse - This type of prolapse may occur following a hysterectomy, which involves the removal of the uterus. Because the uterus provides support for the top of the vagina, this condition is common after a hysterectomy, with upwards of 10% of women developing a vaginal vault prolapse after undergoing a hysterectomy. In vaginal vault prolapse, the top of the vagina gradually falls toward the vaginal opening. This may cause the walls of the vagina to weaken as well. Eventually, the top of the vagina may protrude out of the body through the vaginal opening, effectively turning the vagina inside out. A vaginal vault prolapse often accompanies an enterocele.
|

replied July 14th, 2009
lexifox, I have the same exacty symptoms, can you please let me know what your dr. said?
|

replied August 27th, 2009
i noticed ths was posted a while ago and was wondering if anyone had been to a doctor and gotten some answers i have the same thing!
|

replied August 27th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I have been doing a lot of reading about this problem since I became aware of it...Unfortunately, this is just the last week...I even watched a surgery for the correction of both the anterior and posterior wall problems..From what I can understand this will need surgery...It is caused from your muscles not holding after childbirth, hysterectomies or abuse of the vaginal or anal canal...In some cases the bladder will fall too...I understand they use a mesh to correct this problem..There is also some instrument that they use placed inside of the vagina, for the bladder in extreme cases....I wish I could tell you more on this, but possibly one of the doctors here will help me out...

I know more on this and especially the older woman, but I don't want to go into it here as I would be going off Topic....I hope this helps...

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2009
prolapsed bladder and bowel
I have had the same problems for way over a year now and have been to a number of docs etc my gp said she couldnt feel anything but all the doctors have examined me lying down when the prolapses disapear but while sitting or standing it is int he opening of the vagina and is lower now. i have alot of pain and discomfort and have a bowel prolapse too! i have stress incontinence now also and am very depressed about all of this, sex is painful and i alreasy have to cope with ulcerative colitis and arthritis of spine and other joints and i am only 24 if anyone can help please do because now doctors are taking me seriously because of my age although i have had 3 children!! thanks
|

replied November 10th, 2009
I have been to 4 doctors and only one thought it was my bladder sling erroding and actually saw it. I had a cystoscopy last week and the Dr. said everything is in tact since the hysterectomy....but why is this piece of skin in my vagina and rubbing my taint and making it sore.I am soo frustrated and think i will now try to tuff it out and when it falls out I will then go to the ER and show it to them.
|

replied November 27th, 2010
I went to get my regular exam, and informed the doctor of this tissue. She said that IT IS NORMAL. She said the little pimple like bumps all normal. She said that after you have had child this will tend to happen. She went on with the exam, saw everything you all have described, and was like" everything is fine!". Just the female body doing her thing...lol.
|

replied November 29th, 2010
My wife had a bladder prolapse, look at in the mirror first, google prolapse and hit the IMAGES menu top left of an open google search page, you can compare what you see, if its oval and around 40mm it could be a bladder prolapse.

A bladder prolapse can be treated with a pessary ring, which is put into the vagina for support and it fits behind the pubic bone and the ulterus angled backwards, most woman are unaware they are fitted, husband/partner can feels it when having sex.
|

replied November 29th, 2010
Try typing bladder prolape pictures and compare with different ones. Sounds like a visit to see you doc.

At least you can request a lady doctor if you are worried.

Good luck.
|

replied January 14th, 2011
Pink fleshy tissue hanging out of vagina
I have had this problem since June 10th, 2009. At first I was told it was a prolapse, then I was told by another OB/GYN that it was a tear of the uterine hood, then by yet another OB/GYN that it was an elongated uterine hood that I have probably had since I was a child and when I gave birth it torn and now hangs out. I have recently gone to yet another doctor and what it is is a vaginal polyp. It is something that just happens and can be taken care of easily in the doctors office, they are gonna cut it off. Now this only applies to me and you might want to go to your own doctor, but if yours looks like a tongue sticking out and NOT a golf ball or a doughnut, then you might have it also. If yours looks like a doughnut, that is to say it is a circle with a hole in the middle, or it looks like a golf ball hanging out, you might have a prolapse.
|

replied January 14th, 2011
I'm sure if you had a first stage bladder prolapse the doctors would recognise it, try a google search and click on images for a comparison.
|

replied March 27th, 2011
extra tissue outside of vagina.
okay im 17 and i lost my virginity yestday and noticed it this morning. and im really freaking out obviously its not from kids. and ifit was this prolapse thing why would it happen the day after i had sex? it wasnt there before. I'm really scared. I need help cuz i cant tell my mom to take me to the doctor cuz i told her me and him didnt have sex. PLEASE HELP IM FREAING OUT!
|

replied April 1st, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Scaredteen, it is most likely the remnants from your hymen. It tore on one side but stayed connected on the other side. It is not dangerous, just irritating. With a bit of luck it will just wear away from sex and masturbation. If not, a doctor will need to remove it.

This is somewhat common with septate hymens, but not impossible for other shapes.

I hope you protected yourself from pregnancy and infections and STDs.

Take care and PLEASE be careful!
|
12 >>