Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Pain to Touch Kidney Area

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
now, im sure ive elt this before but is it normal because i dont always notice it, when stood up i touched my back, just under my ribs sort of where my waist goes in a bit, i would say it is my kidney area, should it be so sensitive to touch? if i press very very lightly it doesnt hurt but anything slightly more, still not that heavy, and it hurts to press in, is this a kidney problem?
ive had a kidney infection before and many UTIs, annoyingly i noticed this morning a slight sharpness of urination but only the first time, since then there has been no problem, i have no reason to have an infection, no seual intercourse, nothing in baths etc.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I do know that tenderness in the kidney area could be an indication of a kidney infection. Have you have a fever or chills? Is it possible that you were hit in this area?

I suggest that you call your doctor. It is always better to be safe than sorry!
|

replied March 18th, 2007
hey, thanks, nope, no fever or chills, and not hit there, its done it before, i think my kidneys are just knackered! i was hoping it was normal!
|

replied March 2nd, 2009
kidney pain on both sides when touched
I am currently having the same problem. When i touch my sides (Both sides) it hurts just from touching. I am going to PCP tomorrow and also i am not walking right. Like i am compensating for something. I know how you are feeling. Although no urine buring, but before i noticed this pain on my sides I had bad cramping in my lower abdominal area like i had my period but didn't and now this. No fevers but i do get the chills. Good luck....
|

replied March 2nd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Sounds like a classic kidney infection.

If infection starts in the kidney, it's not uncommon to be without symptoms of a urinary tract infection aka bladder infection.

Especially with the chills, get to the PCP and have it checked out.

good luck

Fran
|