Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Vaginal Scab

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
about two weeks ago i started to notice that there was a very small type of bump near my vagina. I believe i may have scratched myself and caused this to happen. The texture is very much like a scab and i don't have any type of symptoms, no burning, itching or odor, but it did seem to spred a tiny bit. I don't have health insurance at the moment to go to the doctor so i was hoping someone could help!!... i just want to make sure it's nothing serious and how i could treat it.

thanks!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Tylanas
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Vaginal Scab
morethannorm wrote:
about two weeks ago i started to notice that there was a very small type of bump near my vagina. I believe i may have scratched myself and caused this to happen. The texture is very much like a scab and i don't have any type of symptoms, no burning, itching or odor, but it did seem to spred a tiny bit. I don't have health insurance at the moment to go to the doctor so i was hoping someone could help!!... i just want to make sure it's nothing serious and how i could treat it.

thanks!!!

Just relax and let your body heal itself. Keep it clean; don't rub it too hard or pick at it, and make sure it dries off nicely after each shower. That should bee good enough Wink
|

replied April 14th, 2007
I'm a doctor and this is very likely a case of either herpes or syphillis. Don't be worried, the latter scenario can be treated if caught in its early stages.
|
Quick Reply