Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Can Sperm Go Through Clothing? (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
ok I feel really embarrased with this but here goes, one day me and my girlfriend were messing around and I had on 2 layers of underwear and thin pants, and she had on two layers of underwear. We were imitating sex and we noticed that some semen got on her underwear, she said that she didn't see any on her vagina or get inside of it, but it still might've and she didn't see it I suppose, and just to be safe she washed out her vagina. Do you think it is still possible for her to get pregnant after this? Please reply as soon as possible
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile AyaMiyaki
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
She'll be fine. You can relax. Wink

*edit*

.I shouldn't say that. I don't know for certain. But there's a 99.99999% chance that she'll be fine. You can almost definitely relax.

There. Laughing
|

replied March 15th, 2007
i'm still nervous, but I guess it's natural, any other replys would help, and I have another question, even if the semen traveled through our clothes, does that mean that the sperm could survive through like 5 layers of thin clothing?
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
The sperm would have to enter her vagina. Having sperm outside the vagina leaves a very small chance of it getting in there. Having it go through all those layers of clothing reduces those chances even further.

Now if you had your penis inside of her, that'd be a different story. But the little guys can't go far on their own outside of a woman.

Hon, I promise you, you can (almost definitely) relax.
|

replied March 15th, 2007
oh yeah and another question, if semen gets on the skin around the vagina, but not in it, can the sperm still climb up inside? I know this may be a ridiculous question but I just want to be sure, thanks
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Almost definitely not. If it got on her inner vaginal lips, maybe - that's a small maybe. Outer lips or thighs, the probability would be almost nonexistant.

I think you're fine. Wink
|

replied March 15th, 2007
and does the fact that she washed out her vagina improve the chances of her not getting pregnant? She didn't wash it out RIGHT away, she waited about 20 minutes, but sperm travel really slow right? And doesn't the fluid in the vagina kill sperm very easily?
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
If she had any sperm inside her vagina (which I doubt), putting anything like water or douche inside there might have either flushed the sperm out or pushed them further in. If she washed around her vagina (like her vaginal lips, legs, etc) she'll be okay.

The vaginal is acidic. Unless she's ovulating, her vagina would be a hostile environment for sperm.

Last time - you can relax. You're going to make yourself sick worrying over this. Chill out and wait for her period. Wink
|

replied March 15th, 2007
thanks AyaMiyaki, you really made me feel better and I am very greatful, is there anybody else out there who can tell me what they think? I would appreciate it so much, please
thanks
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
she is not pregnant. relax, dude. it's gonna be fine.
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
oh my god!!!!!!!

she told you you're fine about a million times and so did other people, chill out! and maybe you should learn about sex and how you can get pregnant before acting this way.
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
oh my god!!!!!!!

she told you you're fine about a million times and so did other people, chill out! and maybe you should learn about sex and how you can get pregnant before acting this way.

that was pretty harsh.

You have been scared about things too, .Terra. There was absolutely no reason for you to jump on him.

There was a time when you werent so knowledgable too. Leave the kid alone, let him ask his questions.

How would you have felt if we'd treated you the same way when you came in here asking the questions *you* asked?
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i didn't put it out on a public forum so it wouldn't matter lol

i don't think it was harsh, laura told him to just relax and that there was no reason for him to freak out, they had layers and layers of clothes on! at least my question made sense and i had an actual reason to think the things i did.
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
i didn't put it out on a public forum so it wouldn't matter lol

i don't think it was harsh, laura told him to just relax and that there was no reason for him to freak out, they had layers and layers of clothes on! at least my question made sense and i had an actual reason to think the things i did.

maybe.

but you also have to realize he may think his questions are reasonable as well.

Everyone deals with stress differently. You cant tell somebody *oh my god! just chill out!* when they are upset about something. That makes you look extremely insensitive.
Remember please, if you cant say something nice dont say anything at all.
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
ur right lol that does make me seem insensitive and i'm sorry to the poster.

but take laura's advice please Smile seriously.
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Can Sperm Go Through Clothing?
stevenson wrote:
just to be safe she washed out her vagina.

and may I ask how you did that?
|

replied May 19th, 2009
am i pregnant
me and my bf were fooling around and he came all over the place sum went on the front of my underwear and i was wet could it have mistakenly been transferred on the inside while i was taking it off to shower (i went to shower about 5 mins after)
|

replied May 19th, 2009
OK
Not possible.

There is a VERY small chance of sperm travelling inside the vagina if it lands on the actually vaginal opening. (ie. the hole)

Sperm cannot travel through clothing or crawl.

The vagina is a relatively long passage. It's hard for sperm to get up there without a penis thrusting it in towards the cervix (opening to the womb)

Coming on your girlfriend but not inside her can DEFINITELY NOT GET HER PREGNANT

Sperm is fragile and does not live long outside of the body. The semen (fluid that carries sperm) itself would have to somehow flow up the woman's vagina to make her pregnant. This is nigh impossible.

Worry not!
|

replied June 1st, 2009
Hi this is the girlfriend of the boy that wrote this.. This morning I woke up much earlier than I usually do and just could not get sleep. I got about 5 hours. and then I woke up and felt nauseu and a headahce. after a while i started vomitting and having Diohhorea (wrong sp). Whenever I try to eat sumthing, after one bit i throw up. I'm going to do a home pregnancy test soon, but jus sayin that I think this all pregnancy sypmtoms and I still haven't got my period. its about 5 days late so far and still no sign. :'(
|

replied July 27th, 2009
how are you feeling now?
|

replied June 17th, 2012
I have a question let's say I pre came in my pants I had both boxers shorts and pants on I precame touched the stain and fingered a girl is there a possibility she can become pregnant
|
Quick Reply