Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Why Don't I Feel Pregnant?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am almost 7 weeks pregnant but I don't feel like it!! I am starting to get tired while at work but that could just be because it's work! I have even taken 5 at home pregnancy test just to be sure! Is this normal????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
if you're getting positive pregnancy tests, you can rest assured that you are pregnant.
|

replied March 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
count yourself lucky Smile I didnt feel pregnant until i felt the baby start to kick and i mean kick not just move..so about 3 weeks ago Smile
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2007
Experienced User
Its totally normal not to feel pregnant in the early stages.I didnt really start feeling pregnant until I was about 10-11 weeks.

Feeling fatigued definatley is one of the early symptoms tho,as your body is working extra hard to nuture and grow your little one.

Just enjoy being at the early stages and remember even tho you dont feel pregnant your body is doing some very amazing things right now! Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
With my first one, I felt pregnant because I was so tired and sick. With this one, I only felt tired at work but I think it was work related as well. I didn't feel sick and my boobs didn't really hurt. I can completely relate. In a few weeks, though, when your pants become a little tight...you may start to feel more pregnant (or you may just start to feel big like me but each person is different).

Pretty soon, you may be writing to us saying, "I feel so pregnant - my belly is just huge!!" It will all be good and you will be basking in the pregnancy glow!! Also, feeling the baby move is by far the best part of pregnancy. If you don't feel pregnant until that time, it is definitely worth the wait!!
|

replied March 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
ladylee70 wrote:
With my first one, I felt pregnant because I was so tired and sick. With this one, I only felt tired at work but I think it was work related as well. I didn't feel sick and my boobs didn't really hurt. I can completely relate. In a few weeks, though, when your pants become a little tight...you may start to feel more pregnant (or you may just start to feel big like me but each person is different).

Pretty soon, you may be writing to us saying, "I feel so pregnant - my belly is just huge!!" It will all be good and you will be basking in the pregnancy glow!! Also, feeling the baby move is by far the best part of pregnancy. If you don't feel pregnant until that time, it is definitely worth the wait!!

hahah that was the worst just feeling bloated ..I felt like such a fat guy!! hahha
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2007
Experienced User
Hey, don't worry about it. I'm 14 weeks and even though I had 4 positive home pregnancy tests, two scans, still don't feel pregnant. I don't think its hit me yet, it will when I feel him/her kick. Very Happy
|

replied January 19th, 2009
I too don't feel pregnant.
Hi, i am just guessing i am 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I have also done four pregnancy tests at home. But haven't had any blood test done to confirm it. I feel tired, but I am confused about this feeling of sickness, is it because i did not eat something that i like or something gone wrong in my tummy. I am so glad about these results of me being pregnant that i am also scared, again in a strange kind of way. Wishing you all a lovely pregnancy! Shalini
|

replied January 19th, 2009
Experienced User
it is normal to NOT feeling pregnant. i was like that and i was 10 weeks. unfortunately, i lost the baby. but like i said it is normal to not feeling pregnant.
|

replied January 23rd, 2009
Yeah it's normal! I'm 8weeks and 1day and i ghave days where i feel pregant and sick and then a couple days of feeling nothing. Just try to enjoy it Wink
|

replied May 13th, 2012
I have this same question as well. I only found out 5 days ago and im guessing im at most 4 weeks. I took 2 at home tests, both positive. I only thought to take them because i had felt..different, ya know? Aside from fatigue and tenderness etc i was just feeling slight bloating and mild cramps with out any spotting...I just felt off (if that makes any sense). But wthin 2 days after taking the tests i wasnt having that "off" feeling. This is only my first time around so am i worrying over nothing or could that be a bad sign?
|