Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Concerned! (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
guyyssss i am so sick Crying or Very sad

.this seriously sucks so bad.
my throat hurts so bad, & i keep coughing
like i am going to hack up a lung.
& .even though i have meds for my ear,
it's still hurting really really bad.. & .my
whole body just hurts & it's really blah.

i am just so worried of feeling like this
when i go into labor.. i don't want to be sick!
(.i'm 39wks today, by the wayyy)
.like, what if .i'm this sick when he's born?
i'm really worried about handling .gabe..
i would be so terrified of getting him sick.

i just want this to go away.
Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i love you krissy! hope you feel better soon!!!
|

replied March 12th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm sorry you're feeling poopy Sad Don't worry about Gabe, he'll be just fine. I know he will Smile Just get pain med! It makes you so drugged you won't know if you're sick or not.
|

replied March 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I bet you'll be just fine! It could be because you are so close to the end?have you been to the doctor?
|

replied March 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I don't think being sick will help during labor. Pushing might be hard for you because of your ears.

Getting .gabe sick is a big issue too.

I had an infection after having .oni because I refused an .i.v. SO I couldn't hold her till the next morning when the infection/fever had gone away.

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I must have gotten sick 3 times during my entire pregnancy!!! And maybe like once after.

I think it's because your immune system is down because it's all going to .gabe!!

I hope you start feeling better soon!!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i don't go to the doc again til .thursday.. just 4 days before my due date. & i went to the doctor yesterday for my ear infection, & i told them about my throat & stuff, but he never said anything about it.

sigh.

i just don't want to get .gabe sick with my nasty disease. lol.
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2007
Community Volunteer
I think you're getting sick because you're preparing for labor...
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:
I don't think being sick will help during labor. Pushing might be hard for you because of your ears.

Getting .gabe sick is a big issue too.

I had an infection after having .oni because I refused an .i.v. SO I couldn't hold her till the next morning when the infection/fever had gone away.

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I must have gotten sick 3 times during my entire pregnancy!!! And maybe like once after.

I think it's because your immune system is down because it's all going to .gabe!!

I hope you start feeling better soon!!!

Sarah

.thanks .sarah! i'm just so nervous because .i'm due in a week! & i feel like he might make an appearance this week... Confused
|

replied March 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:

so next time will you take the .i.v.?

sorry you feel like crap, kris. i hope you feel better by wednesday, gabe's birthday!
|

replied March 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I think he will toooooo!!!!! If not, then I think you'll go to 41 weeks!

By the way, I'm hella jealous that he's stayed in this long... Sad I wish .Oni had stayed in for 39+ weeks...

She's up...gotta goo! lol

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
IHeartMyBostonTerrier wrote:
babymajic0506 wrote:

sorry you feel like crap, kris. i hope you feel better by wednesday, gabe's birthday!

.my mom said she thinks it'll be .wednesday, too!
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
nope, saturday! Laughing he told me.
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
oh yeah, .terra? lol. well i don't care when he comes out as long as i am healthy & so is heeee.
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
you still have another week to go by my calculations so hopefully you will get over it by then Wink
|

replied March 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I said the 21st....soooo you will be much better by then i am sure. I hope you feel much better darling. go get some sleep and rest...don't be doing a lot of running around.

get better love.
|

replied March 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
IHeartMyBostonTerrier wrote:
babymajic0506 wrote:

That's a hard one...

Baron is insisting that I do. But I refuse.

I don't want to ever not be able to hold my child again though.

I'm soooo "au natural" that I don't even want to be in a hospital next time.

I want to do it at home, with *no* medical intervention. I had oxygen with .oni and was actually upset about it. I told them I didn't want anything. But settled.

I don't know .bridget...that's something I've been thinking about since I had .oni!! lol!

I know I didn't get a gold star for going drug free, but it's something that I can tell myself I'm capable of, when I'm feeling weak and down.

Sarah
|

replied March 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sure everything will be ok. You could wear a mask so you don't breathe on him?
|

replied March 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Get your cute preggo butt in bed and dont get out!! lol..Drink loads of fluids (hot stuff, teas and cinders and such..) and take your drugs and im sure youll feel better soon! You sound like you have exactly what I did a few weeks ago (Err ive been like 3 times since being pregnant..And i still have 4 months to go!)
I hope you feel better!!! I hope he waits a week to give you time to get healthy..
|

replied March 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
sleep is actually the *best* remedy for an ailment! Wink

So listen to the ladies and sleeeeep! lmao!! You'll be glad you did once .gabe is here! Laughing

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
yes mother! Laughing

.i am laying in bed right now!
i'm thinking about going downstairs to make some tea.
or hot cocoa. or something.
maybe see if we have any soup.
even though i think i ate the last can of
cream of potato yesterday.
booooo.
|
12 >>